Associate - Fundraising and Investor Relations
About the job:
Development Partners International (DPI) is a fast‐growing and innovative London‐based private investment firm focusing on Africa. We have more than $3.0 billion in AUM and have raised three series of top quartile funds.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate to join our Capital Formation team and work directly on
fundraising and investor relations. DPI’s investor base spans four continents and more than 20 countries and include some of the world’s largest pension funds, asset managers, sovereign wealth funds and DFIs.
DPI also has a strong focus on Impact and ESG and we participate in leading industry initiatives, being a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and members of organisations such Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), Initiative Climate International (iCI) and 2X Global, promoting gender‐smart investing.
The successful candidate will have strong project management and analytical skills and the ability to organise themselves and others. The role will entail collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of seniority, both within DPI and externally.
The individual will need to have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), be able to think
creatively and problem solve, pay close attention to detail and be pro‐active. As DPI operates with a global investor base, it will be crucial to manage multiple workstreams and be able to respond to investors in multiple time zones in a timely manner.
The Associate will support all aspects of the fundraising and investor relations function, with key
responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Fundraising: support all aspects of the fundraising cycle with an emphasis on high‐calibre due
• Marketing Materials: draft compelling marketing materials, ensuring the tone of voice and messaging
are aligned with the company vision
• LP Events: strategize and prepare materials for investor meetings and all investor events including
the annual conference
• Investor Requests: preparing for and coordinating all due diligence questionnaires and working on
DDQ and RFP
• Strategy: support strategic firm initiatives, research projects and the sourcing, diligence and
origination of new mandates
• Roadshows: coordinate all roadshow scheduling and logistics including some participation
This is a dynamic and highly entrepreneurial role that requires a broad skill set. To do well, you will need to have outstanding organisational, and time management skills as a pre‐requisite. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising or investor relations or alternatively have experience working for a placement agent or investment bank
• Outstanding academic achievement and prior relevant experience to “hit the ground running”
• Project management: Being a self‐starter with the ability to lead projects to completion
• Being able to communicate ideas clearly to colleagues, peers, and senior stakeholders
• Deep work ethic: a genuine passion for excellence and being results‐oriented
• Sense of initiative by being intensely curious and problem‐solving
• Integrity of the highest order and ability to receive constructive feedback
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint as well as productivity tools including CRM
• Strong commitment towards Impact and ESG
• Demonstrable interest in Africa or emerging markets would be beneficial
Our team working environment is humble, hardworking, inclusive, and transparent, and the structure of the team is flat.
We value diversity and experience and welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds. For information on DPI see: https://www.dpi‐llp.com/
Submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs checked by SEO
Shortlisted candiates sent to DPI