Sports, Media & Entertainment - Investment Executive
About the job:
Established in 1981, CVC is a world leader in private equity and credit with $125 billion under management, $165 billion of funds committed and a global network of 24 local offices: 15 across Europe and the Americas and nine in Asia Pacific. CVC is majority owned by its employees and led by its Managing Partners.
CVC's private equity platform manages $97 billion of assets and comprises four strategies: Europe/Americas; Asia; Strategic Opportunities; and Growth Partners, each of which benefits from CVC's global platform. CVC's ability to bring to bear the full extent of its global resources on any situation gives it a competitive differentiation when sourcing new investment opportunities and when creating value during CVC's ownership period.
The team is responsible for all of CVC’s investment activities in SME and works closely with CVC’s respective country teams across the firm’s global footprint. Current and prior CVC SME investments include Formula One, Stage Entertainment, Merlin Entertainments, Sky Bet, Premiership Rugby, Six Nations, Volleyball World, and LaLiga, among others.
The Candidate will be an integral part of the Sports, Media & Entertainment team based in London. He/she will be involved with all aspects of the team’s workstreams, including deal sourcing, diligence, execution and portfolio management. The role in this small, highly entrepreneurial team will allow the individual to make a significant contribution to the team with a steep learning curve & personal growth.
• Involvement in all stages of the deal process from early stage market research to meetings with management teams to transaction structuring and closing including modelling, valuation, market diligence, and company diligence, etc.
• Participate in deal closings, including the review and negotiation of legal documentation;
• Develop investment committee memoranda and internal materials;
• Communicate with external partners and due diligence advisors such as sponsors, financiers, attorneys, investors, and consultants during deal transaction;
• Work with internal portfolio management teams to monitor existing investments on an on-going basis;
• Assist in the day-to-day tasks of the team, including the creation of presentations, excel spreadsheets, databases, etc. on an ad hoc basis.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• 2-4 years’ experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, and / or similar role;
• Excellent analytical ability and advanced Excel / financial modelling skills & experience;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to meaningfully contribute to strategic dialogue with internal & external counterparts;
• Strong investment judgment and critical thinking skills;
• Highly-motivated, pro-active self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
• Ability to excel in a rigorous and fast-paced team-oriented work environment;
• Experience and/or interest in sports, media & entertainment industry is not a prerequisite but benefit; and
• Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree from a top institution.