Senior finance Analyst
About the job:
Business - Real Estate
Brookfield Real Estate Group is one of Brookfield’s primary operating groups. The Real Estate Group is one of the world's largest investors in real estate, with a global portfolio that includes office, retail, multifamily, logistics, hospitality and alternative real estate assets on five continents. The Group owns and operates approximately $256 billion of assets representing the most iconic properties in the world’s most dynamic markets. We seek to generate value by leveraging our operating expertise and focusing on our core real estate capabilities of leasing, financing, development, design and construction as well as property and facilities management. For more information, visit
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
Due to continuing growth of Brookfield’s European real-estate investments, we are looking to fill an senior finance analyst position within the group finance team. Working with both Brookfield corporate in New York, and Brookfield’s’ portfolio companies across Europe (including London City office portfolio, Center Parcs, Student Roost, Locke Living, and more), the candidate will support the Managers, Directors & VPs responsible for the regional IFRS reporting. The Senior Finance Analyst will provide support in the review process for the quarterly results of Brookfield’s European real estate investments, provide direct in-quarter assistance to a number of real estate investments and take ownership of reporting quarterly submissions for the European Real Estate holding companies and listed investment companies.
Responsibilities for this position include the following
• Quarterly portfolio company financial review –
Review and analyse trends in the quarterly financial reporting relative to historic results, forecasts, market expectations and by applying commercial knowledge
Understand commercial drivers for results through interaction with the Portfolio Management team
Includes a review of the IS, BS, Equity rolls and Cashflows, along with supplemental financial information analysis
Review debt reporting, ensuring covenant and cash trap conditions are appropriately met
• Business partnering with assigned portfolio companies - provide ongoing support by building strong working relationships and having regular interaction with portfolio company financial controllers
• Assisting the FP&A function with involvement in reviewing forecasts, business plans and asset valuations for assigned portfolio companies
• Ownership of Real Estate listed investment entity and holding company quarterly submissions (forecasts, significant transactions, reporting package and debt submission)
• Provide assistance in the quarterly reporting results presentation for senior management
• Build strong relationships with contacts at the European Real Estate portfolio companies and the Brookfield New York team, becoming a key contact for both
• Support the wider BPG Europe Finance team
Key Competencies Required:
• Achieved 2.1 in any degree discipline
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• Strong Excel skills and proficient in Powerpoint
• Preferred experience and practical knowledge of:
Real estate industry
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Flexible, results and solution driven, with a team-first attitude
• Evident self motivation and a desire to progress
• Additional European language would be favourable, but not a necessity
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are grateful for your interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening will be contacted.