SENIOR ASSOCIATE / ASSOCIATE
About the job:
A London based investment firm exclusively focused on maritime finance, seeks an associate to support investment analysis, origination, structuring and execution as well as portfolio and risk management efforts.
The firm is entrepreneurial with a dedicated focus on originating, executing and managing investments within the maritime sector – primary lending, secondary loan/portfolio acquisitions/trading and special situations including asset/corporate (private equity) acquisitions.
The Associate will;
• Build detailed and flexible financial models to evaluate firm/asset operating performance with a special focus on credit metrics and the impacts of different capital structures.
• Complete detailed write ups for investment committee review
• Complete detailed sector analysis within shipping and energy markets
• Complete detailed sector theme reports – energy transition within maritime sector as an example
• Support the Head of Credit with all requirements related to portfolio management and reporting (monthly and quarterly).
• Support fund raising efforts with preparation of models and pitchbooks
• Support presentations to investment committee
The ideal candidate will have;
• A B.A. degree in business, finance or economics.
• 3-5 years experience at a top; investment bank (equity research, credit analytics, fixed income research), ship owner, trading house.
• Direct experience within one (or a combination) of the following – maritime, infrastructure, commodities, alternative energy
• A firm grasp of debt/equity capital markets, structured & ship finance, infrastructure risk/reward profile and direct investing.
• Advanced Excel skills and very strong corporate modeling and financial valuation skills.
• Strong powerpoint capabilities and the ability to build clear and concise investment committee memos.
• Strong quantitative and organizational skills.
• Strong communication skills
• An acute attention to detail and a willingness to perform routine tasks
• A desire to build a career within the maritime sector