Regulatory Operations Associate
About the job:
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura’s unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).
Regulatory Operations EMEA is split into 2 teams who are responsible for daily operational oversight and management of regulatory day-to-day processes and ensuring compliance for regulatory reporting. In addition, the team is responsible for assessing impact to these processes from future regulatory legislation by ensuring regulatory change governance and executing the MiFID II Transaction Reporting Function.
· This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain a valuable insight across FCA/MiFID II regulations and the importance of establishing a robust oversight and control environment to meet Reg requirements.
· Develop a technical understanding of Nomura’s Regulatory Reporting obligations both internally and externally.
· Understand Nomura’s Regulatory Reporting flows, including exception management and resolution within the Regulators required timelines.
· Overseeing the oversight of the Powai BAU team. Ensuring appropriate oversight and controls of operational activities as they relate to transaction reporting.
· Ensuring the adequacy and delivery of internal reporting and MI to relevant stakeholders
· Apply zero tolerance on EOD exceptions where possible and if not have an in depth understanding of the break root cause and resolution vs the Regulatory reporting requirements.
· Understanding of Nomura’s wider trade flows and be able to apply this knowledge to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting.
· Developing a relationship with Middle Office, Static Data, Compliance and Technology areas to assist with the resolution of exceptions.
· Performing periodic Reporting reconciliations. This includes break management, escalation of issues and MIS production.
· Overseeing the daily/weekly Reporting MIS and KRI packs.
· Investigating the potential impact to the transaction reporting process and requirements of new business lines and new products
· Ensuring that any new Regulatory updates or changes are reviewed with respect to the impact on FCA Transaction Reporting and Nomura’s adherence to the new requirements/changesComplete User Acceptance Testing and be able to articulate results to the team management.
· Timely escalation of issues identified in the process in line with Regulatory Operations escalation process and protocols
· Continuous challenge of the process identifying areas for improvement
Key objectives critical to success:
· A quick learner with the ability to translate understand and digest technical knowledge Regulatory processes
· Understand and be fully conversant with Regulatory Reporting rules
· Understanding of the current regulatory environment and regulatory pipeline, assessing the impact of upcoming regulatory change on Operations processes as they relate to BAU processes for Regulatory Reporting
· Developing a robust control environment to ensure Compliance with Nomura’s regulatory requirements.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
· Excellent knowledge of the MiFID II Post-Trade Reporting, Transaction Reporting and Instrument Reference Data Reporting rules and other associated MiIFD Regulations and the ability to apply these to the Nomura trade and business flows
· Excellent communication skills – up/down/across
· Good analysis and problem solving skills, escalating any issues accordingly
· Investigative and inquisitive nature; willing to challenge accepted practice
§ Understand clients’ needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
§ Acquire capabilities to perform one’s responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
§ Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
§ Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
§ Collaborate with members from relevant departments
§ Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
§ Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
§ Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role
Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Submit CV to email@example.com
CVs checked by SEO
Shortlisted candiates sent to Nomura