Financial Controller - Governance and Analytics- Associate
About the job:
Financial Reporting (FR) is a team of specialists, leading the financial reporting, accounting and analytics deliverables and contributing as members of the EMEA Finance team to the success of the firm. The EMEA Finance department is a collaborative environment with a strong conduct and risk culture with high visibility to senior management and the board. The FR team is ideal for individuals interested in;
• Enhancing their expertise and capabilities and taking the next step in their Finance career
• Becoming a trusted Business partner, whilst upholding the highest standards of compliance
• Providing analysis and guidance to Senior Management, to inform Business decision making
This is an exciting opportunity for a financial professional to support an Asia-based financial-services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries on a range of trading and investment banking activities. The Finance department is critical to the firm's markets and banking operations, actively contributing to the firm achieving its position as a market leader in the space.
The role is based in London at offices location at One Angel Lane.
Key objectives critical to success:
The successful candidate will join a team which owns the governance, analytics and performance of the Balance Sheet in Nomura’s key EMEA legal entities. Providing materials and support to Entity Directors and EMEA senior management. Key responsibilities include;
• Preparation, analysis and presentation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance reports for key Finance stakeholders, including Directors and senior Nomura management.
• Preparation and analysis of Balance Sheet usage. Including delivery of Leverage Ratio requirements. Requirement to liaise regularly with Business to understand drivers of Balance Sheet usage.
• Support the annual Nomura Budget process, including preparation and analysis of Legal Entity budgets.
• In partnership with the Policy Group, assess the impact of the latest accounting standards/regulatory requirements and coordinate with the wider team to ensure any changes are embedded.
• Liaise with other Finance colleagues with relation to the booking model and provide advice relating to financial products and transactions.
• Maintain systems and records to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• Proactively seek opportunities to automate processes and to drive process improvements.
• Support departmental projects and initiatives.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
• Experience in providing financial information to business/senior management.
• Strong analytical skills
• Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Positive attitude and a team player.
• Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
Understand clients’ needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
Acquire capabilities to perform one’s responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
Collaborate with members from relevant departments
Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role
Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to ensuring we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome all applications and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs checked by SEO
Shortlisted candiates sent to Nomura