EMEA Client Onboarding - Associate
About the job:
The Client Onboarding team coordinates the onboard of all clients in EMEA covering the Global Markets and Investment Banking Sales teams. The team play a key role in helping to manage Entity data to ensure adherence to both Group and Client regulatory obligations. You will join an established team, focusing on delivering onboarding efficiency, regulatory adherence and exceptional client service. The team sits within Operations - Client Service Group.
We are looking for an experienced Onboarding Associate, with SME Onboarding knowledge and excellent communication skills, who can build strong relationships both internally and externally to assist in facilitating the client’s front to back onboarding experience. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in driving enhancements to the client experience whilst creating internal efficiencies, and improving controls.
• Responsible for front to back Onboarding of new and existing clients
• Client case management, including updates and query resolution
• Confident in communicating with internal and external clients and forging strong professional relationships with broad range of stakeholders
• Regular meetings with line management and Sales, ensuring they understand the status of a clients request within the onboarding lifecycle
• Work closely with Regulatory teams to ensure limited impact to the business and clients in light of new regulatory initiatives.
• Identify areas for improvement and remediation and contribute to process control design
• On the job training will be provided by a team and management structure with years of industry experience and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to leverage that experience to deliver quick results.
Key objectives critical to success:
• Ability to manage high volume of requests, being flexible and dynamic in approach
• Confident in communicating with internal and external clients and forging strong professional relationships
• Ability to articulate key messages through all mediums and escalate potential risks in a timely manner
• Strong client interaction and impeccable professional standards are key
• Thorough understanding of the firm’s credit, legal and compliance requirements
• Thorough understandings of the regulatory environment, ensuring clients are compliant as applicable.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
• Proven experience within Client Onboarding Operations – minimum 4 years
• Educated to degree level or in the absence of that have appropriate banking experience (5-10 years)
• Knowledge of all major asset classes: equity, fixed income, derivatives and their data characteristics
• Ability to navigate complex data and hierarchy structures
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written as well as presentation skills
• Client oriented, with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
• A genuine interest in developing a thorough understanding of the business and of Nomura’s clients, as well as taking a very proactive approach to the task in hand
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• A team player, possessing ability to build relationships and partnerships
• Understand risk and control framework and be able to escalate effectively
• Track record in process enhancement and improvement
• Knowledge of ongoing regulatory demands
• Experience in handling large databases and strong SQL or query writing and programming skills, will be a benefit
Understand clients’ needs and issues, and respond with high-quality proposals
Acquire capabilities to perform one’s responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
Collaborate with members from relevant departments
Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
Submit CV using email address below
SEO London shortlists applicants
Shortlisted applicants sent to Nomura
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.