Editorial Assistant - Teaching
About the job:
The role provides administrative assistance to the Editor/Publisher to enable them to achieve targets for signing up new book projects and bringing in manuscripts from authors under contract.
• Organising the reviewing of book proposals by finding and briefing suitable reviewers, chasing in feedback to deadlines and arranging payments
• Accurately preparing contracts for new book projects and ensuring they are signed and processed
• Maintaining complete, accurate and up-to-date information on the books’ database
• Communicating regularly with authors to ensure manuscripts are delivered on time and to plan, and to answer queries and provide information
• Preparing manuscripts and accompanying information required by production, marketing and design colleagues
• Researching the market for new books and competing titles to inform publishing decisions and strategy
• Assisting the Editor/ Publisher with meetings and travel plans
• Representing SAGE at conferences and events to build relationships with authors and contribute positively to the reputation of the company and our publishing. SKILLS,
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to hold courteous, persuasive conversations in writing and in person
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to handle a varied workload and deadlines efficiently.
• Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.
Only successful candidates will be contacted