Compliance Associate, London
About the job:
Introduction to Hayfin:
Headquartered in London, Hayfin Capital Management is a leading European alternative asset management platform with more than €22bn of assets under management, and one of Europe’s largest and most experienced private debt investors. Established in 2009 by Tim Flynn, the former co-head of European Leverage and acquisition finance at Goldman Sachs, Hayfin has provided more than €28bn in private and public loans to over 400, mainly middle-market companies.
Hayfin focuses on delivering best-in-class risk-adjusted returns for its investors with complementary investment strategies across corporates’ capital structures: Direct Lending and Special Opportunities (together Private Credit – its core focus), High-Yield Credit, and Private Equity Solutions.
Today, we are more than 160 experienced industry professionals located across 10 offices, including London, New York, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan and Madrid.
Visit www.hayfin.com for more information
We are currently seeking a Compliance Associate to join our Legal & Compliance team.
The role will encompass:
• Manage ComplySci (web-based regulatory compliance platform) and all employee personal trading and code of ethics activities
• Manage all periodic compliance certifications and disclosures
• Manage new employee onboarding, assist in providing compliance training and collaborate with employees to promote a positive compliance culture
• Assist with the regulatory reporting for the Firm
• Assist with wider compliance projects and issues across the Firm
• Maintain knowledge of new and evolving regulatory compliance requirements and good industry practice
• As the role evolves, assist with the maintenance of the compliance monitoring programme and manage administering of the compliance monitoring programme on a regular basis. Assist in completing an annual review of the compliance monitoring framework and implementation of compliance recommendations
Qualifications / Requirements:
• 2-3 years’ compliance experience with an alternative investment manager or MIFID investment firm
• Ability to understand and interpret regulatory rules and guidance
• Strong organisational, analytical and methodical skills
• Resourceful and capable of working autonomously
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Excellent team player
• Resilient and enthusiastic
Only successful applicants will be contacted