Cash Equity - Royal Bank of Canada
About the job:
Strategy and Financial Performance:
· Identifying opportunities for future business growth in the cash equities business in the relevant region that falls within RBCs risk appetite and strategic outlook; Undertake regular external benchmarking of sales, service, product and client coverage activities.
· To be responsible for driving client revenue and client relationships across Global Equities, primarily in the relevant region and Globally where required.
· Core role is to generate revenue from marketing RBC's research product, client interactions, idea generation and act as account manager for relevant clients.
· To originate and develop new Clients and senior relationships, and drive individual revenue contribution from converted accounts – both across the cash equity sales team and for your individual clients.
· Ensuring that clients are introduced to relevant parts of RBC that can provide them with the best possible solutions - both within and outside of Capital Markets; Drive cross selling across Global Markets asset classes, and with our Senior Relationship Management (SRM) team - to drive a deep partnership approach to clients.
· Manage and drive an efficient sales process and desk infrastructure to maximize the effectiveness of the team.
· Lead collaborative engagement with, and develop growth initiatives in partnership with our key internal stakeholders – Research, Trading, GIB, Derivatives.
· Ensure that there is a proactive relationship with the cash equities execution teams globally and across channels to drive revenue opportunities, maximize client engagement and drive a collaborative One-team approach setting financial targets and managing performance in conjunction with the Global and regional Heads of Cash equity product and GIB – sales trading, research, ECM, corporate broking, ECM.
· Work with the Director(s) of Research in Europe and Globally, to set the right stock coverage strategy and maximise vote, visibility, share and payment.
· Drive and enhance the value of, and leverage Corporate Access to elevate the European Global Equities franchise.
· Corporate Broking landscape in the relevant region: work in partnership with GIB and ECM to deliver sustained growth in our Corporate Broking client base and Global ECM business.
· Following due process to ensure the Sales Businesses for Cash Equity Sales are operating within approved risk limits prescribed by the risk limits framework, ensuring timely escalation and remediation if any limit breaches are identified.
· Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business. Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
· Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly
· The role has specific focus on ESG: create ESG commentary, and market ESG events to our London client base. The role involves collaboration with international sales colleagues around the world to ensure a coordinated approach to our ESG product marketing.
Authorities, Impact, Risk
· Communicate clearly and accurately on all pricing enquiries
· Own your business
· Execution of Transactions with relevant Client base.
· Impacts Client relationship/Trader market risk positions/ Credit Line use
· Follow the established standing orders in the asset classes you operate in
· Follow the jurisdictional reviews in place for the region
· Follow the Desk Guidelines / Handbook for the Cash Equity Sales EMEA business
· Drive NBC requests when needed to further the business development
· Follow the Committees recommendations (SPGC, Index Committee)
· Escalate any issue to the relevant entities
· Position reports to Pamela Addoh, Head of Global sales
· Key interactions within European office will include: European, US and Canadian Cash equity Sales and Trading teams
· ESG focused individuals across the RBC global footprint
· Liaison with internal teams including: AML/KYC, Middle Office, Back Office and ISDA, EGUS documentation teams.
· Global Equity Cash Sales/Trading/Structuring teams
· Global Research teams
· GIB / ECM teams
· Cross selling the Global Markets products across Europe
Working Conditions, Compliance
· Stressful environment requiring early starts and late finishes.
· Potentially travel may need to be undertaken.
· Busy desk with associated pressures.
· Need for precision and care in client activities whilst under pressure.
· Compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements
· Compliance with all internal Standing Orders, and established processes and guidelines
Required Education and/or Experience
· Educated to a university degree level
· Strong financial knowledge background
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Numerically and analytically strong
· Good presentation and communication skills
· Strong excel, PowerPoint and programming skills
· Knowledge of antimoney laundering, KYC, KYD procedures Thorough knowledge of Equity, Commodity, FX, Rates derivatives products
Preferred Education and/or Experience
· Understanding of ESG landscape.
· European language/s would be an advantage with a multi European Client base.
· Good interpersonal skills
· Team player mentality
· Work ethic
· Communicating with colleagues and peers
· Bloomberg User
· Microsoft Excel and Work
Conducts and Acknowledgement
Conduct Rules and Responsibilities
· You must act with integrity.
· You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
· You must be open and co-operative with regulators in your region.
· You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
· You must observe proper standards of market conduct.
I acknowledge that I will adhere to the best practices of the industry and any applicable regulatory requirements as well as RBC's policies and procedures, including but not limited to the RBC Code of Conduct, Anti-Money Laundering policies and any applicable Standing Orders.
Submit CV: email@example.com