Analyst/Associate (Full Time – Permanent)
About the job:
Our opportunistic credit team invests primarily in highly-structured and privately-negotiated capital solutions supporting corporate borrowers through secured loans, senior subordinated debt, mezzanine debt, convertible notes, and other debt like instruments, as well as preferred and common equity in such borrowers. The team will also look to invest in special situations, event-driven opportunities that exhibit hybrid credit and equity features, as well as market dislocations, primary and secondary market investments in liquid debt instruments that arise as a result of temporary market volatility.
An opportunity to work with the Credit Opportunities team based in London. The role will involve analyzing new investment opportunities throughout the UK and Continental Europe, as well as working in the execution of new investments in these regions. The environment is fast-paced and demanding, with a strong emphasis on learning about investing and development as an investment professional within the Private Credit and Special Situations sectors. Candidates will work directly with senior investment professionals on the team and will be encouraged to be proactive and to take ownership of important projects.
The Analyst/Associate will be expected to work actively with other investment professionals to research, assess, analyse and execute transaction opportunities. Given the small deal team sizes, they will be expected to support but also take extensive responsibilities in key aspects of the investment process: conducting due diligence, determining valuations and optimal capitalization structures, participating in the negotiation of financial and key aspects of a transaction. They will also be involved in post-investment portfolio company monitoring: evaluating company performance and working with company management on ongoing strategic initiatives and exit planning. They will also be responsible for training interns and more junior investment professionals and collaborating with other parts of the organization, both domestic and international.
• 18 months - 3 years’ experience within Investment Banking (M&A and Leverage Finance), or buy-side experience ideally within Private Credit
Competencies & Attributes
• Fluency in Spanish or Italian
• Strong interest in our core sectors
• Excellent on Excel, technical skills i.e. ability to build an LBO model and complex operating models
• Excellent research and due diligence skills with an aptitude for numeracy
• Willing to take initiatives and drive the project forward to completion
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as being and a team player
• Self-starter; has confidence in asking questions and ability to work independently in a fast- paced environment and a willingness to learn
• Solid organizational skills, high attention to detail and ability to prioritize
Education & Certificates
• Strong academic record from a leading educational institution to Masters or, in the case of UK graduates, to Bachelor’s or Masters (2:1 minimum grade or equivalent)