IT Service Support Manager (12 month FTC)
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is the premier global developer and operator of flagship destinations, with a portfolio valued at €60.4 Bn as at June 30, 2020, of which 86% in retail, 7% in offices, 5% in convention & exhibition venues and 2% in services. Currently, we own and operate 89 shopping centres, including 55 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Its centres welcome 1.2 billion visits per year. We have a development pipeline of €6.2 billion.
Present on 2 continents and in 12 countries, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield provides a unique platform for retailers and brand events, and offers an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers.
We are imaginative and bold, always pushing the boundaries to achieve results. Our culture embraces creativity, diversity and progression, nurturing everyone we work with to reach the top of their profession.
We now have an opening for a IT Service Support Manager (12 month FTC) to join our IT team based at both Westfield London or Westfield Stratford City, with frequent travel between the two sites, opportunity to occasionally work from home and the requirement for infrequent European travel. The key focus of this role is to manage the first- and second-line technical support team, perform associated IT service duties and ensure delivery of a consistently high level of IT service to the business and proactively manage the full lifecycle of end user IT equipment and be responsible for creating, updating and regularly auditing the accuracy of IT service documentation.
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Manage a small service desk team of 1st and 2nd line technical support staff.
- Set clear expectations of required performance levels and raise the bar where necessary by accurately and objectively assessing performance and creating improvement plans if required.
- Assess skills within the team and take actions to fill gaps by creating training, development and career plans for all staff.
- Own the lifecycle of all incidents, including those escalated to 3rd line support teams and external support partners, ensuring tickets are updated and services are restored within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure standard IT end user service requests, including access requests, hardware requests and requests for information, are completed within agreed SLA’s and have been appropriately authorised were required.
- Continually monitor tickets, providing advice and coaching to team on resolution, quality and customer service, plus assisting with tickets if workloads become high.
- Proactively manage the full lifecycle of end user IT equipment including ordering, storeroom security, stock control, scheduling end of life replacement, disposal or recycling of redundant equipment plus ensuring asset databases are kept up to date and regularly audited for accuracy.
- Manage end user software deployment, licencing compliance and renewals.
- Responsible for creating, updating and regularly auditing the accuracy of IT service documentation including the IT service catalogue, end user standard hardware catalogue, end user and internal IT support documentation, IT operational support checklists.
- Assist in the service transition of projects to live operations by ensuring service descriptions, support models and test plans have been created and are fit for purpose.
- Prepare and send necessary user communications for both normal changes and during major IT service incidents.
- Prepare SLA reports for internal service reviews and act as the first point of escalation for any user complaints, investigating the root cause and taking action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Manage the delivery against OLA’s for a small number of support partners that we rely on to deliver IT services.
We’re looking for someone with…
- Significant experience managing and mentoring technical support staff with the ability to accurately and objectively assess performance, give open and honest feedback and create development plans to drive improvement.
- Significant experience in end user support roles with a background likely to include working on a structured service desk.
- A customer service champion with broad technical experience and a willingness to take a hands-on approach and lead by example as required.
- A focus on continuous improvement with experience of developing new, and/or improving existing, IT Services to increase value to end users.
- Experience of managing services using an IT Service Management tool, Service Now preferred.
- Experience of IT SLA’s including using them to manage conflicting priorities plus creating live dashboards and service reports.
- Experience of providing support to high profile users and for business-critical enterprise IT systems.
- Experience of using OLA’s to manage the services supplied by IT support partners.
- Follows through on commitments made and persists until agreed tasks are completed, quickly analysing delays, identifying and implementing possible solutions or making recommendations for action.
- Proven strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, end users, and 3rd parties.
- Ability to listen, a willingness to learn and a resourceful innovative thinker with good problem-solving skills who is fast and responsive to customers’ needs.
- ITIL Foundation qualification or similar, relevant higher ITIL qualification preferred.
Values & behaviours:
Our values make us who we are. They are reflected in very concrete, day-to-day actions: how we work together, how we interact with each other, how we deliver together. Our values are the foundation of how we succeed together today, and how we will succeed together tomorrow.
TOGETHER AT URW
- EXCELLENCE – We only aim for the best
- TEAMWORK – We unite talent as team
- ETHICS – We build on trust and transparency
- BOLDNESS – We dare with vision and agility
- PASSION – We go the extra mile
- OWNERSHIP – We are empowered to deliver
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We stand against racism, discrimination, and bias of any kind. We believe that diversity is vital to the success of our business and we are committed to creating an environment of belonging. We welcome, embrace and make the most of people’s individual differences, including race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
We are happy to consider applications from candidates who need some form of flexible working, so please ask us for more details.
If this opportunity is ticking your boxes, please appy including a short cover letter highlighting how your experience matches what is required for the role.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Successful DBS check.