Sustainable Investing - Associate Investment Director
Cambridge Associates believes our clients come first.
Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. We lock arms with them to meet and exceed their investment objectives, so they can change the world.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours.
We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At CA, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority.
- We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work.
Cambridge Associates believes we do our best when you do your best.
At CA, we are only as successful as you are. We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower you to succeed. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
But enough about us. Tell us about YOU
- Are you a bold individual seeking an opportunity to contribute to a value-based, collaborative environment in some of the most exciting cities around the globe?
- Are you eager to work for an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Do you strive to work in an environment that encourages innovation and teamwork?
- Are you a thought leader who cares about making a difference in the world while contributing to an amazing culture?
- Do you value a challenging professional opportunity where you can leverage your skills, gain a valuable foundational in finance and investment, and build a long-term career development plan?
- Are you seeking a competitive salary a robust and comprehensive benefits program, and a variety of attractive benefits and perks?
The Cambridge Associates’ Sustainable and Impact Investing (SII) Platform is a team dedicated to assisting our clients in the broad area of sustainable investing. It sits within the core research function of the firm and covers ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance), socially responsible and impact investing. This is an exciting and growing area as issues like aligning with the transition to a lower carbon economy with the more efficient use of resources become material to long-term investment success. The London office has prestigious institutional clients at the forefront of investing sustainably.
We are currently hiring an Associate Investment Director (AID) to be based in London to help support the growth in this area of our business.
- Collaborate with other members of the SII Platform and Global Investment Research on in-depth due diligence on sustainable and impact investment opportunities with 3rd party managers across a range of asset classes.
- Host manager meetings, travel to on-site meetings, lead reference calls, perform analytics, and work on written reports summarizing the investment opportunity.
- Ongoing monitoring of SII investment managers used by our firm.
- The ability to work independently here and apply critical thought is important.
- Assist teams working with clients implementing SII programmes.
- Serve as an internal resource for colleagues on SII client work; conduct ESG portfolio reviews and provide strategic insight on findings, assist on client SII policy and strategy, and help build SII portfolios.
Sustainable investing is a major growth area for our business, and the AID can assist in this success.
- Help colleagues across the firm better integrate ESG into their investment process and into responses to new business opportunities.
- Help build our brand in this area by contributing to papers or articles on key topical sustainable and impact investing themes.
- Keep abreast of market trends.
- A BA/BS required. Candidates may have completed, or be in the process of completing, a relevant industry qualification like the CFA, though this is not essential.
- A relevant mix of investment and ESG related experience, with flexibility. For example, candidates may be looking to move into ESG from a different area of finance.
- Familiarity with sustainable and impact investing.
- Experience with investment due diligence is preferred.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, including internationally.
People who work at Cambridge Associates will always cite our collaborative culture and intellectually stimulating environment as some of the reasons they joined the firm. It is also an innovative, high-performing commercially focused firm where clients come first. As a Cambridge Associates employee the internal team dynamics, the training program, and the continuous knowledge sharing ensures you will receive all the support you need to maximize your contributions and development. You will receive a competitive salary and reward package, as well as work for an organization that serves many mission related institutions
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration