Investment Analyst - Real Assets
Cambridge Associates believes our clients come first.
Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. We lock arms with them to meet and exceed their investment objectives, so they can change the world.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours.
We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At CA, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority.
- We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work.
Cambridge Associates believes we do our best when you do your best.
At CA, we are only as successful as you are. We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower you to succeed. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
But enough about us. Tell us about YOU
- Are you a bold individual seeking an opportunity to contribute to a value-based, collaborative environment in some of the most exciting cities around the globe?
- Are you eager to work for an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Do you strive to work in an environment that encourages innovation and teamwork?
- Are you a thought leader who cares about making a difference in the world while contributing to an amazing culture?
- Do you value a challenging professional opportunity where you can leverage your skills, gain a valuable foundational in finance and investment, and build a long-term career development plan?
- Are you seeking a competitive salary a robust and comprehensive benefits program, and a variety of attractive benefits and perks?
The Real Assets Investment Group provides clients with investment management services across the full spectrum of public and private real assets investments, including real estate, infrastructure, and natural resources. Led by senior professionals with significant financial industry and real assets market experience, this global 20+ person team is responsible for evaluating real assets markets, identifying investment opportunities, and managing client portfolios. We advise our clients on making debt and equity investments into real assets via public and private investment vehicles, co-investments, and separate accounts.
- Partner with Real Assets Investment Directors and other analysts and associates to support portfolio management efforts including, analyzing client and investment managers’ portfolios, responding to clients’ questions and requests, gathering and analyzing historical asset allocation, spending, and performance data, and preparing exhibits and other presentation documentation.
- Prepare draft investment recommendations for portfolio management clients.
- Work with Real Assets Investment Directors to maintain accurate commitment planning and performance reporting.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic and ad-hoc client materials, such as regional updates and targeted investment themes according to client needs.
- Collaborate with Real Assets analysts and associates globally to ensure best practices are followed.
- Act as a point of contact for private and public real asset investment managers, including coordinating and participating in meetings with investment managers. Participate in the manager assessment process, including writing summaries of each meeting for distribution within the firm.
- Work with Investment Directors to complete in-depth written due diligence on current private and public real asset investment opportunities. Responsibilities include: attendance of manager meetings, due diligence planning, travel to on-site meetings, reference calls with portfolio company CEOs and senior level professionals, evaluation of the fund team, strategy, and performance, analysis of relevant positives and issues, and review of fund legal terms.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on private and public real asset investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the Real Assets team.
- Monitor market trends related to fundraising and investment activity and contribute to periodic market updates that are accessed by investment staff and clients.
- Prepare materials for and participate in monthly firm-wide meetings where the Real Assets team discusses recent manager meetings and current investment opportunities of interest.
- Prepare materials for marketing meetings in partnership with Global Business Development and keep track of Real Assets Investment Group business development pipeline.
- Ensure that in-house databases and CRM systems are updated accurately and on a timely basis.
- The role is expected to be 50% research activities and 50% portfolio management activities..
- Bachelor’s degree (any major) with a record of achievement.
- Strong interest in investments, particularly real assets.
- Demonstrated facility for written communication and strong business writing skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to engage in conversation with clients, managers, and references.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Proven ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally.
People who work at Cambridge Associates will always cite our collaborative culture and intellectually stimulating environment as some of the reasons they joined the firm. It is also an innovative, high-performing commercially focused firm where clients come first. As a Cambridge Associates employee the internal team dynamics, the training program, and the continuous knowledge sharing ensures you will receive all the support you need to maximize your contributions and development. You will receive a competitive salary and reward package, as well as work for an organization that serves many mission related institutions
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration