Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $600 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BAM and the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol BAM.A.
For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com
Brookfield Infrastructure Group is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Group operates and manages over $91 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles.
With the continued growth and sophistication of the secondaries market, Brookfield is seeking to build a leading position in this strategy. Following the development of a Real Estate Secondaries strategy, we are now seeking to build a parallel infrastructure secondaries business. The Infrastructure Secondaries strategy will primarily focus on GP-led and other structured transactions, with opportunistic investments in LP deals. With the long-term ambition to build a global business, Brookfield will launch this business in North America and Europe. Brookfield will also provide seeding capital to fund initial investments to support a third party fund-raise, most likely in late 2021. Infrastructure Secondaries will be an investment platform within Brookfield’s broader infrastructure and renewables businesses. This will allow the new team to leverage the experience and expertise of these premier global businesses.
The Associate role presents an opportunity to support the Managing Partner, Infrastructure Secondaries and forthcoming team leaders in New York for the Americas and London for EMEA in the identification, evaluation, recommendation, and management of secondaries investment opportunities. This role is ideally suited to a self-motivated individual seeking a dynamic work environment. You will asses potential investments through financial modelling and company/industry research; (ii) be a key contributor in the planning and completion of due diligence; (iii) prepare investment committee materials and other transaction documents; (iv) work with the team to assess legal risks and review legal documentation; and (v) monitor existing portfolio investments.
As this is a new strategy within the Brookfield Infrastructure platform, the individual will have an opportunity to build an investment platform with the backing of a premier investment management franchise. As a member of the Brookfield Infrastructure Group, this individual will also gain exposure to other infrastructure and renewable power investment opportunities.
Contribute to investment (acquisition and disposition) sourcing and execution including:
- Building basic valuation models to a high quality including:
- Translating data, research and diligence findings into model inputs
- Building tax, accounting and debt implications into models as relevant
- Modelling structured transactions
- Building in correct model assumptions
- Contribute to more complex financial models under the guidance of others
- Assist with preparation of high-quality investment committee presentation materials and other supporting documents in a clear concise manner
- Be involved in various due diligence work streams as requested including:
- Asset risk evaluations
- Cash flow analysis
- Market comparisons
- Contribute to research on market trends, pricing and competition including recent acquisitions, dispositions, developments
- Assist with the execution of acquisitions and dispositions through to close including preparation of aspects of draft term sheets, letters of intent or offer letters
- Assist with submitting and managing information into data room for buyer due diligence
- A professional, positive attitude and capable of contributing to a dynamic and team-oriented culture
- 2-4 years of experience in Principal Investing, Investment Banking, Restructuring, or other relevant areas
- Experience in conducting due diligence is an asset
- High level of proficiency in Excel and outstanding financial modeling skills
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield's Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website: