Vice President, Infrastructure
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $600 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group (BIG) is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $78 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows.
BIG’s Investment teams are organized by geography and are responsible for sourcing and executing new investments as well as capital allocation decisions within existing sectors including data infrastructure, transport, energy and sustainable resources, in addition to considering new sectors.
Brookfield Infrastructure Group is recruiting for a Vice President in our London office. The role represents an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team with a long history of executing successful investments in a variety of industries and geographies with deep financial and operational turnaround roots. In addition, the Vice President will be assisting in developing business networks to find new investment targets.
- Support the implementation of the business development and transaction strategy
- Lead industry and market research to support the development of investment strategies or identify transaction opportunities
- Support the investment thesis and identification of value creation strategies and assist in developing ideas for a transaction / deal structure
- Lead the financial due diligence process including overseeing modeling and valuation and analysis prepared by junior colleagues
- Working with operational teams, lead the execution of the due diligence process for a transaction that supports the validation of the business case supporting an acquisition and identify key transaction issues
- Working with legal, tax and other internal teams, lead the transaction execution process, including ensuring transaction documentation and structuring are consistent with the business case
- Prepare investment committee presentation material and other documents such as bid letters
- Work in a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters collaboration, personal development and mentoring and skills development of junior colleagues
- Network and develop new investment ideas to grow the business
- 8-10 years of infrastructure experience with an investment background and relevant market knowledge
- Deep knowledge of and working experience in Infrastructure
- Strong conceptual and financial skills and ability to envision the “big picture”, while being “hands-on” and maintaining close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Strong stakeholder, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Self-motivated, results-driven, entrepreneurial and proactive with strong organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated business judgment, leadership and management skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development