Business Administration Director
Brookfield Asset Management
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over $575 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX. For more information, please visit our web site at www.brookfield.com.
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
Executive support to the Head of Region (CEO):
- Develop a strong understanding of the Company’s strategy, operations and objectives in order to proactively support and manage the Regional Head’s various commitments
- Schedule international travel arrangements, ensuring coordination with other senior business leaders where required
- Exceptional attention to detail in composing, editing and proofing materials across the Microsoft suite. In particular, the development of PowerPoint presentations with a focus on design, accuracy, and format in line with branding guidelines
- Deep understanding of key stakeholder business relationships to effectively prioritise and manage incoming communication and meeting requests
- Independence and confidence to manage requests that may be unachievable or inappropriate for the Regional Head
- Ownership of producing correspondence, meeting agendas, minutes, presentation material and documentation packs etc. to meet changing business deadlines and priorities
- Reconcile business-related expenses for reimbursement
Business administration management:
- People management of the Executive Assistant and Office Facilities teams
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders of the Executive Assistants to ensure effective and consistent support across the business
- Collaborating with internal functions to develop and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures, to achieve efficiencies and scale across the region
- Understanding of Executive Assistant’s competencies and drivers to maximise their potential by implementing training and development opportunities throughout the year. Providing coaching and mentoring as required
- Lead performance review discussions for the Executive Assistants, coordinating with the teams they support to inform feedback, development and compensation
- Provide direction to facilities management team on key priorities to deliver efficient, safe and sustainable services across the office
- Responsible for recruitment and onboarding of new team members
- Review and assess executive support model as the business evolves, to ensure it remains fit for purpose. Make recommendations for change where required
- Responsible for employee relations as they arise including performance and absence management.
- Ad hoc project management
- Relevant work experience supporting a Senior Executive in a global organization
- Demonstrates curiosity and tenacity to understand the wider business objectives
- Prior experience of managing a team of senior Executive Assistants
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft suite and Adobe
- Proven ability to create presentations in PowerPoint
- Able to adapt approach and style when dealing with a range of different stakeholders
- Credible business leader who is able to influence where required
- Demonstrates integrity with handling confidential and sensitive information
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Brookfield Asset Management is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
Brookfield is an EEO employer and does not make hiring decisions based on status in a protected class.