Associate, Private Equity
The Private Equity Solutions team is part of Hayfin Capital Management. Since inception in 2009, Hayfin has invested more than €23bn of capital across more than 370 portfolio companies. The firm was founded with the ambition of creating one of Europe’s leading investment platforms and delivering best-in-class risk-adjusted returns. Hayfin is headquartered in London and also has offices in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris and Tel Aviv and employs approximately 160 people. BCI, one of the five largest Canadian pension plans, is the majority shareholder in Hayfin.
The specialist Private Equity Solutions team partners with sponsors in a structure-agnostic way in order to acquire equity exposure to the best European mid-market companies. Alongside our principal focus on equity co-investments and providing liquidity to existing assets through GP-led secondary solutions, we have the ability to invest in best-in-class third-party funds.
The PE team is seeking an Associate who has a passion for private equity investing. The team is currently comprised of 6 individuals, with a variety of buy and sell side backgrounds, including Investment Banking, Fund Investments, Co-investments and Secondaries in firms such as Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Pantheon, Aberdeen, GIC and others.
Associates assist in all phases of investing including origination, evaluation and execution, as well as portfolio monitoring and management. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Working as part of the deal team or directly with senior investors with a focus on fundamental business analysis, due diligence and portfolio monitoring;
· Preparing internal investment memoranda and other materials used to support investment recommendations;
· Assessing the performance of existing investments, including financial analysis of the underlying portfolio companies;
· Supporting the ESG committee and its firm-wide activities;
· Evaluating market conditions and developing coverage responsibilities over several European PE markets.
· The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years post-graduate work experience in M&A, or private investments in a bank or a well-known investment house;
· German speaker;
· Proficiency in financial modelling and analysis;
· Must be eligible to work in the UK.
· Bachelor’s degree required (Business related studies preferred).
· 2:1 or higher in primary degree
· Experience with Capital IQ or other M&A market data tools preferred.