HR Manager, Talent & Development Lead
Hayfin Capital Management is one of Europe’s leading alternative asset management firms, with a heritage in private credit. Since inception in 2009, Hayfin has invested more than €23bn of capital across more than 370 portfolio companies. The firm was founded with the ambition of creating one of Europe’s leading investment platforms and delivering best-in-class risk-adjusted returns.
Hayfin is headquartered in London and also has offices in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris and Tel Aviv and employs approximately 160 people. BCI, one of the five largest Canadian pension plans, is the majority shareholder in Hayfin.
The HR team is seeking a talent and development lead to join the team. In this role, you will influence the design and delivery of the talent and leadership development solutions, 360 feedback, performance management framework inspiring a learning culture which creates real busines impact. You will also have the opportunity to partner with various areas of the business, coaching leaders and working with the teams to navigate various people challenges.
Talent and Development
· Responsible for delivery of annual Talent Review to include promotion prospects, succession planning, performance and development issues
· Plan and deliver annual promotion process
· Work with teams to develop and update detailed career paths to frame development and performance conversations
· Manage the delivery of the annual 360 feedback process
· As a key output of the annual Talent Review prepare individual, team and firm wide training needs analysis
· Establish a framework of regular and ad hoc training/learning interventions with a mixture of internal (possibly personal) and external delivery
· Build a network of best in class training suppliers, proactively managing performance and churn where needed
· Responsible for the development, sign off and management of annual training budget
· Oversee professional qualifications and training including applications, approval, maintenance, CPD and budgets
Leadership & Management
· Lead the development and delivery of the Hayfin Leadership & Management Programmes
· Finalize design and roll-out of the initial cohorts
· Manage delivery of workshops, field work, skills training and coaching
· Collect and interpret participant feedback and adjust programme accordingly
HR Business Partnering
· Work with designated teams to support delivery of 360s, scorecards, talent review, feedback, promotions and compensation.
· Support teams to plan and execute recruitment projects including participation in interviews, decision making and offer negotiation
Ad hoc issues
· Work with managers, HR team and suppliers (e.g. counsel) to identify and resolve issues e.g. performance, ER, wellbeing, exits
· Build working rapport with team heads and managers to maintain open dialogue on team challenges, opportunities and issues. Act as a sounding board and coach when needed.
· Successful track record in development and delivery of training and development programmes
· Experience of best in class talent development frameworks
· Detailed knowledge of leadership and management frameworks and their delivery in a in the context of ongoing individual and organizational development
· Commercial problem solving and decision making across a range of HR issues and topics in a high performance professional services environment
· Preferred – familiarity with alternative asset management, investment banking or similar
· Thought leadership – bring novel and challenging ideas and approaches to talent, development and leadership at Hayfin
· Project management and delivery – able to plan projects, manage decision making, muster resources and drive progress
· High degree of personal credibility needed to partner with teams and leaders
· Commercial, innovative and solution-oriented approach to HR and talent