technical packaging manager
what you'll be doing
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the innocent packaging technical team (aka PackTech Team). If you are an experienced packaging technical manager, with a passion for all things packaging and good knowledge of technical design, quality and food safety controls and sustainability …then keep reading.
In this role you will be leading a team of two, responsible for the approval and technical management of all our packaging items and packaging suppliers. You and the team will be working with a range of teams in the business to deliver new packaging on shelf, support our supply chain to keep moving and ensure good quality packaging throughout.
Your team will look after the technical design, quality, safety, legality and sustainability of all our packaging with you leading them along the way, helping them to develop and keeping them motivated to do a great job and achieve the business objectives. More than ever, we have big ambitions and to reach those we are going through a period of exciting change with the implementation of our new factory and systems and our expansion to Asia. What has not changed is how important is for us to have the best product in the market at all times, and that of course includes our packaging.
- Proven knowledge of technical packaging design and development
- Proven knowledge of packaging quality control and food safety, including processes, tests methods and EU legislation
- Proven knowledge of the key sustainability considerations for packaging
- Proven track record of leading teams and capability to work with a wide cross-functional range of stakeholders from all levels
- Experience of working within packaging technical team
- Great leadership experience with responsibility for a small but critical team for innocent and the innocent brand.
- Continue your learning on technical and sustainability challenges and supplier partnerships.
- Excellent business wide exposure with a high level of accountability and autonomy to deliver.
- A first hand experience on delivering an exciting change agenda, with the integration of our very own factory, the redesign of our systems and the opportunity to re-shape the future of the innocent packaging technical team.
As well as the standard stuff you get for turning up for work, we have some great clubs, and - when the office is back to its normal self* - free breakfast and as many smoothies as you can shake a stick at.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love to hear from you. You'll need to get your skates on though, as applications close on 6th April.
Dolly Parton may have worked Nine to Five but you don't have to. We're open to a chat about flexible working. No promises, but we reckon that if it's good for you, then it's good for us.
We're all about building a workplace for the future here at innocent, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves.
You’ll help us to keep doing business the right way – keeping innocent an inclusive and inspiring place to work, using our B Corp status to inspire wider change, and reinforcing our culture of staying little as we grow big.