Real Estate Debt Strategies Asset Management, Associate
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Real Estate, London
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $167 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets, and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Job Title: Real Estate – Real Estate Debt Strategies Asset Management – Analyst/Associate
- Assist with the asset management of the $11 billion European BREDS loan book focus, including the firm’s sponsored private drawdown funds and publicly-listed REIT, Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT)
- Analysts are involved with underlying asset performance tracking, including contacting Borrowers for detailed market and property updates, maintenance of a database centric loan reporting system and regularly interfacing with both external and internal counterparties with an interest in our loans
- Assume integral roles in support of Senior Asset Managers helping track performance of their managed loans
- Review regular monthly and quarterly investment portfolio analytics and other reporting provided to senior management
- Work on a wide range of transactions across property types including office, multifamily, hospitality, retail, industrial, and others
- Handle a diverse set of asset management responsibilities including leasing approvals, property releases, covenant tracking, property improvement and construction fundings.
- Partner with investment professionals and others to execute investment closings and financing transactions
- Develop presentations for proactive modifications of existing investments and portfolio strats
- Present asset updates and portfolio analysis to senior investment professionals
- Leverage technology available to the BREDS platform to increase workflow efficiency
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- This is a degree level position requiring at least a relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a leading university
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including a solid understanding of Excel
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, strong working knowledge of finance and accounting
- A highly motivated individual able to work independently and manage numerous, conflicting priorities and requests
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team environments and develop/maintain internal and external relationships is critical
- In addition to English, fluency in a European language is preferred but not required
- A high level of integrity and standard of professional conduct is essential
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.