INVESTMENT PROFESSIONAL ROLES
Permira is a global private equity investment firm. The firm was established in 1985 and has made over 250 private equity investments since its inception. The first pan-European private equity fund was raised in 1997, investing out of four offices in Frankfurt, London, Milan and Paris. Since then, Permira has grown steadily and today is present on three continents across 14 offices. An international team of investment professionals cover a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. At present, the firm's teams advise funds with total committed capital of approximately $50 billion. Permira funds have consistently outperformed the market over the past 20 years, delivering strong returns across economic cycles. Currently, the Permira funds own over 45 companies around the world. Permira’s core focus is on multinational companies with international growth potential across four sectors: Tech, Consumer, Services and Healthcare.
SUCCESS AT PERMIRA
The Permira culture unites a diverse team of 250+ individuals in 14 offices around the world. Central to this culture is a flat structure that encourages open communication and collaboration across sectors, geographies and functions. Click below to learn more about what it takes to succeed at Permira.
INVESTMENT PROFESSIONAL - ROLE OVERVIEW
The technology, consumer and services sectors are looking to expand their teams in London. We are currently looking to hire investment professionals with 2 – 4 years’ experience working for a top tier investment bank, management consultant or an investor with 1-2 years of experience.
As an investment professional at Permira you can expect to be actively involved in every stage of the investment process. This will include the initial review of opportunities, due diligence and development of the investment thesis, deal structuring, and portfolio monitoring once an investment has been made. Permira is a true meritocracy and it is not uncommon for high achieving junior members of the team to have responsibility that far exceeds their seniority. While investment professionals at this level are not expected to source new opportunities, they have the opportunity to do so; and they gain close access to all levels of portfolio company management as they help enable value creation plans. This individual will be based in London dedicated to one of these three sector teams. Prior sector knowledge or expertise is not a pre-requisite however, a genuine interest and a willingness to learn the relevant sector will be key to this person’s success.
The role in more detail:
A) Identifying and Analyzing Investment Opportunities:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry issues and outlook
- Research, analyze and evaluate opportunities within the designated sector
- Build and develop complex financial models to aide in the evaluation of investment opportunities (including testing assumptions and sensitivities)
- Work as part of the team to identify the key value creation levers and investment risks and compile the materials and analysis to support the investment case
- Attend and participate in Investment Committee discussions
- Play a support role in the diligence of the investment thesis and risks
- Assist with the overall deal execution
- Liaise with (and manage) third parties and professional advisors (financial, legal, consultants etc.)
C) Portfolio Monitoring:
- Monitor ongoing financial performance of portfolio companies
- Compile internal company performance and valuation reporting
- Assist in building and leveraging relationships that will assist in contributing to the strategy of the investment
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, intellectual curiosity, and strong presence. High level of tenacity, integrity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Superior analytical skills, outstanding mathematical acumen, and raw intellectual horsepower.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate sound investment judgement.
- Excellent commercial awareness and business judgment. Highly numerate, attention to detail and the ability to explain and interpret data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate in an articulate manner, logically and with confidence.
- Ability to work constructively as part of an internal team and work closely with (and sometimes manage) third party advisors and partners. The successful candidate should have strong relationship management skills and a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with third parties including management teams
Desired level of experience and profile:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience, ideally working for a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm
- Strong interest in private equity and consumer, tech or services sectors
- Undergraduate degree or above