Investment Director - Private Equity Research
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients. Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best investment opportunities globally.
Private Investment Directors on the EMEA team in London will have three primary responsibilities:
- Sourcing and evaluating investment managers in the private equity and venture capital areas in EMEA;
- Helping colleagues globally in establishing and monitoring their clients' private investment programs in EMEA; and
- Representing the firm at certain meetings with clients, prospects and at industry events to further the firm’s thought leadership and assist with business development.
Investment Directors will spend the majority of their time sourcing and underwriting investment managers. This includes meeting with managers; attending annual meetings; networking with industry participants to gather intelligence on managers, and to identify promising new ones. All of this culminates in due diligence reports on the highest quality managers which are available for firm and client use. The role entails serving as a primary point of contact and interaction for private equity investment managers, coordinating and attending meetings and producing written assessments and facilitating the flow of manager information internally.
In addition, the Investment Director is responsible for actively monitoring and evaluating managers on an ongoing basis, producing written evaluations for firm and client use. The Investment Director is also expected to work closely with, and support the development of, Investment Associates.
Finally, the investment Director would work closely and collaboratively with the broader Cambridge Associates private investments organization to track and analyse industry trends and information and produce research and thought pieces as well as serve as a resource for client-facing colleagues building high quality private investment portfolios for our clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- Relevant investment experience and familiarity with private investments preferred, gained from work in a similar capacity at a large institutional investor (such as a pension fund or endowment) or fund-of-funds, or as an analyst at a private equity investment firm
- Additional business level European language skills strongly preferred
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
Please include a cover letter for consideration submitted in a single PDF document
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.