Client Onboarding Coordinator
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients. Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best investment opportunities globally.
Reporting to the Global Onboarding Manager and working with the Centralized Onboarding Team, the role focuses on the timely onboarding of new clients and management of service modifications for existing clients for Europe & APAC. The role involves close coordination with the client and all internal Cambridge Associates functions (Business Development, Legal, Investment Operations, and Compliance in addition to the relevant Investment Team).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Proactively liaising with all parties both externally and internally to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding process. This includes client, internal teams & third parties.
- Establish service level agreements with internal departments to ensure each department is clear on their responsibilities and expected deliverables and ensure that all aspects of the onboarding are appropriately actioned
- Proactively work with relevant internal and external stakeholders to assure that all parties are aware of their responsibilities and that information flows to the right individual(s), at the right time, during the client onboarding life cycle.
- Monitor the execution of required client onboarding processing, report progress and escalate any issues to onboarding management.
- Send regular, clear and detailed updates to the business with regards to the status of on-going transition activity.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the requirements, responsibilities and general processes of each of these teams, and how these can impact the transition process is vital.
- Maintain expertise in the information necessary to successfully onboard a client and how this information accurately translates from contracts to Cambridge Associates processing systems.
- Deliver high quality responses to onboarding inquiries or issues, in a timely manner, to assure that barriers encountered during the process are monitored and overcome.
- Conduct post-onboarding reviews and hand-over meetings with the relevant departments internally.
- Drive continuous improvement of established client onboarding process flows and procedures to assure efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Participate in the analysis of the strategic implications of new Cambridge Associates products or issues encountered during the onboarding process and adjust procedures as necessary to ensure a global process that is consistent, standardized and measureable.
- Maintain Service Organization Controls (SOC 1) report evidence for onboarding control execution and facilitate internal and external audit requests related to client onboarding internal controls as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with strong relevant experience on the buy side
- Client On-boarding / Operational Client Relationship Management experience essential
- Knowledge of the various aspects of Client Onboarding, including operational processes, legal and regulatory risks, AML/KYC regulations, AIFMS, Custodians and external managers
- Experience with private markets strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal & written) skills
- Superior and demonstrated project management skills, strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Critical thinker and problem solver mindset, able to tackle unfamiliar challenges, questions and tasks with a proactive and thorough approach, whilst considering impact on the broader business.
- Able to manage relationships and expectations, both internally and externally, throughout the onboarding process.
- Team player with ability to work without supervision
- Multitasker who can work to tight deadlines and resilient under pressure.
- Ability to achieve depth of learning and self-development within role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and internet search tools.
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.