Internal Audit Relationship Lead
Shawbrook are building a new internal audit capability. In a bank that is proudly different.
Having made the decision to move from an outsourced service we’re building a small, stable, focused internal audit team that builds deep & meaningful relationships with the business and deploys highly skilled expertise from our co-source partner. We’ll be looking to do audit differently, be open-minded about new approaches and build impactful ways of working to provide a genuine contribution to the success of Shawbrook. This role can be based anywhere across the UK.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivery of a portfolio of internal audit assignments to time, quality and providing real insight across (but not limited to) technology & change
- Relationship management and supervision of the co-source colleagues who join our engagements
- Manage the issue assurance (closure) process
- Support the provision of insight and challenge to stakeholders to improve the business
- Active participation in development and improvement of internal audit methodology and tools
- Seek out leading practices and be unafraid to challenge the way we or the organisation behaves
- Conduct quality assurance drive improvements to the way we operate
- Own, contribute and challenge sections of the enterprise-wide control framework assessment
Suitable candidates could come from a variety of backgrounds:
- A forward-thinking internal audit (or assurance) team or practice from either financial services or potentially other industries.
- Experience across a range of topics relating to auditing of technology applications, infrastructure, cyber, and change assurance (including of non-technology areas).
- An understanding of the role of modern internal audit and how it fits into risk, governance and control frameworks in regulated industries such as financial services, as well as practical understanding of the CIIA Code for Effective Internal Audit and the IIA’s IPPF.
- Modern approaches such as Agile (outside of IT) to deliver internal audit more efficiently and drive down the time to contributing value to the organisation.
- More generally the candidate who will thrive in this role at Shawbrook will be open-minded, have an appetite to learn, to challenge and be challenged, flexible about the way things get done and approach the role with an appetite to grow and develop. To some degree this is a “sleeves rolled-up” role so a willingness to get involved, get underneath the issues and take a practical perspective are important.
This role sits at an SB3 level within the internal Shawbrook banding structure