SENIOR ANALYST / JUNIOR ASSOCIATE
Lazard has a simple and powerful model, focused on two businesses: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Through our Financial Advisory business, Lazard advises clients around the world on strategic and financial matters including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital structure and capital raising. Lazard provides advisory clients with a quality of service we believe no other firm can match. Our client relationships are built on trust and discretion. We are deeply established in business centres around the world, with meaningful local relationships and insight. As the world’s largest advisory-focused firm, we have exceptional depth of expertise across industry sectors and geographies.
Senior Analyst / Junior Associate – London
Lazard is seeking to recruit a recently qualified ACA or lawyer to join as a Senior Analyst / Junior Associate in the Financial Advisory business in London. You will work in a collaborative team environment gaining immediate and meaningful exposure to clients and senior bankers on a variety of transactions. Our lateral recruitment programme has been in place for many years and has yielded very successful bankers over this time.
Role and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day support of transaction and marketing efforts and conducting company and industry analysis in transaction opportunities.
The candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to build financial models with ease;
- Research, analyse, sensitise and adapt both internal and client-facing financial and statistical analysis/ models;
- Efficiently evaluate qualitative and quantitative data;
- Be responsible for assisting in the preparation and production of presentations and marketing materials for clients and prospective clients, in consultation with other team members;
- Effectively manage their own work and that of juniors, taking responsibility for accuracy and quality-checking finished products with regards to content, consistency and language
- Handle execution and process matters flawlessly, assisting in due diligence efforts as appropriate;
- Identify issues arising and offer potential solutions. Create productive relationships with clients and advisors;
- Be a proactive team participant with a natural ability to develop their profile across Lazard groups and regions;
- Anticipate needs and be proactive in making value-added contributions;
- Independently develop sound and logical views whilst understanding both the big picture and the minutiae;
- Show confidence, professionalism and accountability at all times;
- Contribute to firm-wide initiatives including recruiting, training and professional development.
- If ACA background: 1st time passes in all ACA exams and experience in Transaction Services strongly preferable
- Robust understanding of the accounting principles that underlie typical financial analyses used in advisory (particularly valuation);
- Self-motivated, with demonstrable ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests in a high pressure environment;
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong team skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong awareness of the regulatory environment;
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct, adhere to legal and regulatory requirements of the banking environment and follow Lazard policies and procedures;
- Minimum 2.1 university degree classification (or equivalent if studied outside the UK);
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Lazard:
Lazard is an intellectual capital business focused on delivering the best advice and solutions to clients. Achieving these objectives requires us to attract, identify, develop and retain the best talent. A workforce comprised of people with varied backgrounds and experiences creates a rich diversity of thought that empowers us to challenge conventional wisdom, as diverse perspectives lead to better decisions.
Our appreciation of diversity’s strength is ingrained in our multi-cultural heritage. As a global firm that has grown organically from local roots in different countries, we have a deep tradition of respect for individual differences, which has been core to our success for several decades.
The ongoing cultivation of diversity and an inclusive, equitable culture are essential to our continued growth. We are committed to sustaining an environment in which all employees – inclusive but not limited to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, religion, faith, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran or military status – can bring their whole selves to work to maximize their individual potential and our collective success.