Merchant Banking Division, Private Equity Infrastructure, Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We invest in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. Merchant Banking operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
The division has been an integral part of the Goldman Sachs franchise for more than 25 years. MBD operates on a global platform and our team works in a fast-paced, exciting environment. We look for individuals with versatile skills and a passion for investing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT GROUP
The Infrastructure Investment Group is part of MBD. Based in New York and London with approximately 25 dedicated investment professionals, we manage three funds that invest globally in infrastructure opportunities in sectors such as energy, telecommunications and transportation. We seek to identify investment opportunities with potential for operational value creation and have developed an active approach to asset management.
We have raised more than $12 billion and made 29 investments since the start of the infrastructure strategy in 2006. Our most recent European investments include the acquisition of CityFibre, HES International and ATM (via Global Compute).
We are looking for a private equity associate to join the Infrastructure Investment Group. Associates are an integral part of deal teams responsible for identifying, evaluating, executing and managing equity investments. They are involved in a wide range of high profile transactions.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to use their skills and ideas to become a successful investor at Goldman Sachs. You will join a high-quality and experienced team where you will gain exceptional experience as a private equity investor.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review and analyze new investment opportunities across a range of industry segments.
- Taking part in all areas of the execution of complex private equity transactions, including valuation, due diligence, structuring, deal documentation and financing.
- Navigating and handling complex financial modeling.
- Assisting with internal investment process, including preparation of Investment Committee materials.
- Helping monitor and manage existing investments and portfolio companies.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
In selecting candidates, we are looking for highly motivated team-players who want to take this opportunity to build a long-term career at Goldman Sachs.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Prior or current investment banking or private equity experience
- Demonstrated interest as an investor
- Top-tier quantitative, financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork mindset
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects to deadlines
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to play an active role across all functional areas of the team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html