Associate - Investment Operations
Cambridge Associates (CA) is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavors. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world-class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
The Investment Operations Associate is part of a growing team responsible for the implementation of investment decisions for our institutional and private clients’ discretionary and non-discretionary investment programmes.
The role provides exposure to many parts of the investment process, as well as to clients, investment decision- makers, and fund managers – coordinating and facilitating communication between these and other third parties, working with and processing appropriate investment documentation to ensure the timely and accurate completion of transactions across a range of asset-classes.
· Utilize trade order management software to monitor for investment instructions, trade-flow and transaction status
· Ensure the accurate completion of subscription, redemption, and transfer documentation relating to investment decisions
· Track fund vehicle and share class information, utilizing proprietary liquidity-tracking application to monitor portfolio liquidity provisions
· Adhere to established policies and procedures to support maintenance of controls and risk mitigation
· Proactively support investment team objectives for portfolio implementation, maintaining an awareness of current investment themes and client interests
· Collect, organise and interpret information relating to clients, their investing entities and their portfolios
· Prepare liquidity and audit support reports for client teams and clients
Qualifications & Experience
· Relevant experience at a custodian, fund administrator, investment manager or transfer agent preferred
· Industry-specific qualification(s) an advantage
· Prior experience in a client-servicing role an advantage
· Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and to balance competing priorities
· Strong attention to detail, analytical and organisational abilities
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
· Professional, focused, and disciplined approach to work responsibilities
· All candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship or restriction
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.