Head of Business Engineering
The Business Engineering team develops and enhances systems used across the business. We work closely with Rothesay’s team of Strats (quantitative analysts), the broader Engineering team (including the Project Quest team), Traders, Operations and Finance analysts to ensure smooth and efficient running of the Rothesay business and technology processes. We build new systems and support and enhance existing ones depending on the requirements of our clients.
We are looking for an experienced leader to help elevate this already highly regarded team to the next level. Working directly with stakeholders across the organisation and with the full support of the CTO, you will lead the team in the design, delivery and ongoing enhancements for the next generation of critical technology at Rothesay.
- Supporting the team in the design and review of applications, systems and technologies to meet the business' needs
- Coordinating development and project plans across multiple business units
- Managing individual team members and supporting their career development
- Working with the broader Engineering team to shape the direction of the technology platform
- Managing stakeholder relationships and working with project management to produce regular updates and communication
- Recruiting as needed to support the business
Skills and experience
- 2+ years' experience managing development teams
- Strong technical background, adept at conducting system design reviews
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, familiar with communicating project specifics and high-level plans to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
Rothesay actively promotes diversity and inclusivity. We know that our success depends on our people and that by nurturing a culture that values difference, we create a stronger, more dynamic business. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.