Cinven is a leading international private equity firm, founded in 1977, with offices in Guernsey, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Luxembourg, Hong Kong and New York. Funds managed by Cinven acquire Europe-based companies that require an equity investment by our funds of €200 million or more.
While Europe remains our focus, Cinven’s Portfolio team helps our European portfolio companies take advantage of international best practices and growth in global markets, in particular opportunities in emerging economies, including those in Asia and the Americas. Cinven has a strong and consistent investment track record, focussing on six sectors: Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials, and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
Cinven funds acquire successful, high-quality companies and work with them to help them grow and develop, using the firm’s proven value creation strategies. The typical holding period for an investment is between four to six years. Cinven is currently investing the Seventh Fund. We take a responsible approach towards our portfolio companies, their employees, suppliers and local communities, the environment and society. Cinven is made up of the following teams:
- The Investment Management professionals based in Country and Sector teams; - The Investment Specialists teams focussing on Investor Relations, Capital Markets and our Portfolio Companies, and - The Corporate team: comprising functional professionals in Finance, Legal & Compliance, HR, Communications, IT and Operations.
Our values underpin everything we do. This is what you should expect if you work for Cinven.
· Ambition: we test the art of the possible.
· Commitment to Excellence: we set the highest standards.
· Empowerment: we develop talent.
· Partnership: collaboration is at our core.
· Respect: we achieve distinction without ego. For further information, please visit our company website www.cinven.com
The Associate will take responsibility for supporting the execution of transactions and potential deals. Through this role they will gain expose to all sectors in Cinven – working closely with the Deal team a range of senior stakeholders such as Principals, Senior Principals, Partners and portfolio companies. This role reports into the Partner responsible for Associate cohort. July 2016 The successful candidate will bring experience from either investment banking or consulting in a quality firm and have good deal track record. The following qualities and skills are key to a successful appointment:
· Excellent analytical ability including financial modelling skills.
· Demonstrable understanding of commercial/investment judgement.
· First-rate organisational skills.
· Ability to grasp both the big picture and micro issues and inspire confidence.
· Collaborative approach: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Inclusivity: Able to build relationships across all levels Principal Responsibilities
The Associate will take responsibility for supporting deal origination by performing research and analysis, building and developing sector knowledge. Supporting the execution of transactions via analysis and synthesis of potential deals. The Associate will also work with the Portfolio team to implement effective Value Creation Plans (VCPs). Where relevant, provide post-deal support in developing monitoring reports and analysis to support exit strategies
Skills & Competencies
· Must be fit and proper, as set out in the FCA’s Senior Managers Regime, based on the following: - Honesty, integrity and reputation; - Competence and capability; - Financial soundness
· Curiosity: Willing to contest conventional thinking and test the art of possible.
· Communicates effectively: chooses right message for the right audience, with consideration and honesty.
· Relationships: Able to build strong and trusting relationships both internally and externally, providing support and sharing ideas when and where relevant.
· Independent: Able to work independently being both proactive and decisive.
· Strong Academic background
· Language: Fluent English, fluency is one other European language is a plus, particularly Dutch. Terms Salary - Competitive Pension - Competitive non-contributory company pension scheme Annual Leave - 25 days + 4 days at the discretion of the management Health - Private Health Cover and Health Club membership Bonus - Discretionary Other - Subsidised staff lunches