BAAM ‐ Investor Relations & Business Development, Nordics & Netherlands Coverage – Vice President
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long‐term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $564 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non‐investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com.
Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $76 billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open‐ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due‐diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk‐adjusted returns across market cycles while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments.
Job Title: BAAM ‐ Investor Relations & Business Development, Nordics & Netherlands Coverage – Vice President
BAAM’s Investor Relations & Business Development Team is comprised of approximately 45 professionals globally. Vice Presidents provide essential support and growth roles in an all‐encompassing capacity to the IRBD team’s efforts. They are assigned as primary and secondary contacts on a select group of institutional investors and are responsible for supporting all aspects of managing these strategic relationships.
The relatively small size of this team offers candidates the opportunity to work closely with senior members of the IRBD group, along with BAAM management. Vice Presidents are expected to assume significant responsibility and have the necessary maturity, investment depth, and professionalism that allow them to represent the Firm. This individual will be responsible for the coverage of Nordics and the Netherlands Institutional Investors.This will involve developing relationships with new clients in addition to working with existing clients in aclient service capacity.
The goal of this position, and its ultimate career path, revolves around being able to continuously leverage Blackstone’s intelligence and capabilities to provide solutions to institutional partners in the Nordics and the Netherlands, and deepen the firm’s overall strategic engagements.
This Vice President will be engaged on BAAM’s marketing and investor relations effort for the Nordics and the Netherlands. Primary responsibilities include:
- Participate in and lead regular meetings and conference calls with existing clients to review portfolios/funds, discuss investment decisions, and cover questions regarding fund exposures, manager strategies, performance attribution, industry outlook, etc.
- Work closely with BAAM’s investment teams and other functional groups to generate the appropriate investment solutions and information to communicate to clients.
- Develop and execute a long‐term fundraising/marketing plan for BAAM’s new business launches and affiliated hedge fund managers for the Nordics and the Netherlands.
- Create marketing materials, prepare for client meetings and conference calls, work on customized monthly reporting and ensure its timely delivery, and address all other ad hoc client investment requests
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the candidate should have strong communication skills, great attention to detail, a demonstrated ability to write effectively, and a desire to work in a team environment. A strong knowledge of capital markets and investment strategies is necessary.
- The successful candidate must have a high level of energy, a positive attitude and a results orientated personality. He/she must be able to operate in a fast paced, performance and team based environment with a willingness to help the development of other team members.
- He/she must be a self‐starter and show a high degree of maturity and initiative as well as an entrepreneurial drive and be excited in assisting in the development of a growing organization.
- The successful candidate has to fit Blackstone’s collaborative and ambitious culture and will be interested in the success of the group as a whole.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity are indispensable. They must always act in the best interests of the clients and the firm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to Vivienne.Machado@blackstone.com