Finance Manager, Financial Control 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced accountant to join the finance team at the London Stock Exchange Group, initially on a 12-month Fixed Term contract.
The role of the Finance Manager sits within the Financial Control team and will be responsible for the accounting, balance sheet substantiation and preparation of statutory accounts across our different business entities.
About the London Stock Exchange Group
London Stock Exchange Group is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified job applicants, and makes decisions with respect to all aspects of employment, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our colleagues thrive personally and professionally through our shared values of Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence are at the core of our culture. We embrace diversity and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We are always looking at ways to become more agile so we meet the needs of our teams and customers. We believe that an inclusive collaborative workplace is pivotal to our success and supports the potential and growth of all colleagues at LSEG.
LSEG’s vision is to be the most trusted expert in global financial markets. This is achieved through leading the world in providing access to capital, helping customers optimise capital resources and promoting trusted and transparent environments and services for investment.
LSEG is a diversified international exchange Group that sits at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group operates through four key business divisions: Capital Markets (broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets); Post Trade (post trade and risk management services); Global Technology Services (high performance trading platforms and capital markets software); and Information Services (real-time and reference data products).
LSEG prides itself on operating a neutral, trusted, well-regulated and systemically important market infrastructure and does this within a fast paced, real-time and highly regulated environment. The Group is accountable to its shareholders, clients, regulators and the societies in which it operates and the Group Values and Behaviours underpin how the Group meets those accountabilities.
- Support delivery of the monthly close process for all entities
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations and substantiation
- Oversee the monthly accruals and prepayments
- Provide support to the Financial Control team as required in respect of other general ledger postings and reconciliations
- Review and oversee work completed by our offshore team
- Complete HFM validations
- Ensure all reports and disclosures comply with professional standards and accounting controls
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls over financial reporting processes are in place and maintained on a consistent basis
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Liaise with the business partnering team and the business functions to ensure costs and income are recorded accurately in the accounting records
- Adhoc projects: support for current ongoing system project work and new strategic project initiatives
- Other ad hoc financial reporting processes as required
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with solid relevant commercial accounting experience
- Ability to work dynamically and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of monthly reconciliation processes and ledger systems
- Strong level of Excel and Word use
- Solid understanding of core accounting principles and systems
- Sound judgment, good organisational skills, with strong personal and professional integrity
Values & Behaviours
Integrity: My word is my bond. Integrity underpins all that we do – from unshakable commitment to building and supporting global markets based on transparency and trust, to every transaction across our business with each and every stakeholder. We are a source of enduring confidence in the financial system, so when we say that our work is our bond – we mean it.
Partnership: We collaborate to succeed. We pride ourselves on working together as proactive partners, building positive relationships with our colleagues, customers, investors, regulators, governments and shareholders – for our mutual success and the benefit of all.
Innovation: We nurture new ideas. We are ambitious and forward-looking – a pioneering Group of market innovators, driven by fresh thinking that has kept us ahead of change. We prudently and proactively invest to make sure that out markets and services constantly moving forward, developing and evolving with advances in technology.
Excellence: We are committed to quality. We have a fundamental commitment to developing talented teams who deliver to the highest standards in all that we do. By collaborating together, we will sustain industry-leading levels of excellence, setting the benchmarks that inspire ever better performance.