6 months internship for IMMEDIATE start - preferably have prior internship experience in Banking/Consulting
Cinven is a leading international private equity firm, founded in 1977, with offices in
Guernsey, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Luxembourg, Hong Kong and New York.
Funds managed by Cinven acquire Europe-based companies that require an equity
investment by our funds of €200 million or more. While Europe remains our focus, Cinven’s
Portfolio team helps our European portfolio companies take advantage of international best
practices and growth in global markets, in particular opportunities in emerging economies,
including those in Asia and the Americas.
Cinven has a strong and consistent investment track record, focussing on six sectors:
Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials, and Technology,
Media and Telecommunications (TMT). Cinven funds acquire successful, high-quality
companies and work with them to help them grow and develop, using the firm’s proven
value creation strategies. The typical holding period for an investment is between four to six
years. Cinven is currently investing the Seventh Fund.
We take a responsible approach towards our portfolio companies, their employees,
suppliers and local communities, the environment and society.
Cinven is made up of the following teams:
- The Investment Management professionals based in Country and Sector teams;
- The Investment Specialists teams focussing on Investor Relations, Capital Markets and our Portfolio Companies, and
- The Corporate team: comprising functional professionals in Finance, Legal & Compliance, HR, Communications, IT and Operations.
Our values underpin everything we do. This is what you should expect if you work for Cinven.
- Ambition: we test the art of the possible.
- Commitment to Excellence: we set the highest standards.
- Empowerment: we develop talent.
- Partnership: collaboration is at our core.
- Respect: we achieve distinction without ego.
For further information, please visit our company website www.cinven.com
The Intern will take responsibility for directly supporting the Deal Team, consisting of
Associates, Principles and Partners, across the deal cycle. Depending on experience, the
successful candidate will learn how to and help identify new investment themes and
acquisition candidates, whilst assisting with various aspects of the investment process.
This role ultimately reports into the Partner, but their day-to-day responsibilities are
overseen by the Associates.
The successful candidate will bring experience from a previous placement or internship;
ideally a minimum of 3 months M&A experience at a global investment bank, high-end
investment boutique or a top-tier strategic consultancy.
- Assisting the investment team with the analysis of potential acquisitions
- help shape investment themes by conducting strategic market and competitor analysis and research
- conducting company-specific due diligence and analysis
- building an in-depth understanding of individual business models and their cost structures
- LBO modelling
- Preparation of slides for Investment Committee meetings
- Internship support for other departments such as Investor Relations
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent analytical and numerical capabilities
- A mastery of Excel and an understanding of complex financial models
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative
- Ability to perform tasks accurately while under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative and proactive work ethic
- Show drive and commitment to exceed
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and good business acumen
- Salary - Competitive
- Pension - Competitive non-contributory company pension scheme
- Annual Leave - 24 days + 4 days at the discretion of the management
- Bonus - Discretionary
- Other - Subsidised staff lunches