CIMD, PWM, Cross Markets Team, FX Trading, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, experience working closely with traders and portfolio managers, and the ability to think outside the box? The Cross Markets Team within the Markets Solutions Group ("MSG") is comprised of product specialists who provide investment ideas and trade execution in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodity markets. The team is currently seeking a cross-asset investment professional with experience in FX markets to deliver the full suite of FICC capabilities to Private Wealth Management ("PWM") clientele. The professional will have primary responsibility for structuring, pricing and trading of FX derivatives, while also working with the team on broader FICC client coverage.
With product specialists engaged in the markets every day, the Markets Solutions Group offers both advisory strategies and transactional solutions for clients. On the transactional side, we have a robust execution platform and a multitude of global trading counterparties and issuers. The broader team also develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL!
- Build on your knowledge and experience as an FX expert within a cross asset team
- Identify market opportunities for PWM clients across the range of FX and FICC products, and provide fast and timely execution
- Develop and recommend investment ideas based upon client's investment objectives, portfolio risks, relevant market exposures and relative value considerations
- Educate internal stakeholders on FX and macro markets
- Selective direct client coverage
- Work closely with our New York and Hong Kong teams to ensure ideas reach the PWM franchise globally
- Structure, price, and! execute cross-asset OTC derivative implementations for clients
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in FICC products and transactions across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably in an institutional FX sales/trading role, cross asset sales team, or a private wealth markets professional / family officer
- Experience in FX derivatives. Other FICC derivatives experience is a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to discuss macro markets, cross-sell into other FICC asset classes, and cover sophisticated FO clients
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong risk management mind-set with the ability to identify potential issues and propose thoughtful and appropriate solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.