Securities, Ultra Low Latency Java Software Engineer – Cash Equities eTrading, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for front to back trading systems like order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing, internalization, clearing and securities lending.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings, front to back business functions and build systems to facilitate them.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building Java systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
- Prior experience with Event Sourcing (Sequenced core stream) based architecture.
- Experience building high performance cash equities trading systems (such as matching engines and trading systems at high volume Exchanges).
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a language agnostic manner.
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Off-heap memory management,
- Distributed server software experience
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.