Securities, Global Markets Supervision; E-Trading Risk Manager, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Global Markets Operating Risk team is responsible for oversight of Operational Risk (across Sales, Trading, Engineering and Operations), Supervision, Conduct, Control Remediation, and Business Resiliency for the Global Markets Division.
The Global Markets Supervision team exists to both address immediate risk management priorities in the Supervision risk space within Global Markets and to develop new innovations in this field. The focus of the team is the supervision related risks that arise within the activities of the Global Markets Division, including both traditional business lines and electronic trading business lines.
Global Markets Supervision; E-Trading risk manager
As an electronic trading risk manager you will develop an in-depth knowledge of supervision and the automated trading control framework and generate ideas to advance the electronic trading control repository. You will collaborate closely with Business Supervisors, engineers and traders to maintain the control framework and associated processes to help manage these risks and ensure that our risk and control framework is effective and fit for purpose.
- Driving projects improving and maintaining tools supporting the electronic trading control framework
- Develop key metrics to measure effectiveness of the automated trading control framework.
- Inventing and designing processes to maintain and improve adherence to control standards
- Coordination of Global automated trading related risk assessments and certifications.
- Assist on boarding of new automated trading activities for committee approval.
- Review of e-trading related operational risk events
- Liaison with other Divisions, such Compliance, Legal, Risk and Internal Audit as well as support regulatory interactions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Understanding of revenue generative functions and knowledge of electronic trading flows
- Understanding of automated trading risks and controls
- Experience managing projects, and building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in executing strategic concepts from inception to implementation
- Working knowledge of software driven risks
- Experience of operational risk and a familiarity with operational risk frameworks a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet simultaneous competing demands and a passion for a drive to deliver
- Interest in developments in the global financial regulatory environment, specific knowledge of automated trading related regulation a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.