Assistant Vice President, Portfolio & Asset Management
Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Frankfurt office is looking for an Assistant Vice President in the Portfolio and Asset Management group.
The responsibilities of an Assistant Vice President include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of real estate investments for various Heitman managed funds and separate accounts
- Assist in preparation of, and monitor, annual business plans for the assets under management
- Review annual budget proposals and leasing plans of assets
- Implement a long-term asset management strategy for a specific property type, including income and expense forecasting, leasing plan, capital budget, value creation activity and risk-return analysis for assets, perform hold/sell analyses
- Support and coordinate dispositions of assets from the portfolio as well as any financing of assets
- Anticipate issues that impact the success of assets
- Closely monitor property management teams, and/or joint venture partners
- Review recommendations from the construction team in context of asset strategy
- Establish leasing strategies and oversee leasing brokers
- Monitor compliance with legal documents
- Prepare financial analysis/modeling at portfolio/asset level
- Review appraisals and valuations, support external valuation process
- Assess the current and projected performance of properties
- Prepare reports and documents for review by senior management
- Support investment team on new business and deal initiatives
- At least five years of real estate experience (including valuation experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or real estate
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Deadline driven, pro-active and detail oriented
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Team player
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Argus
- Fluent in English
Interested professionals should apply via our website at www.heitman.com. Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.