Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with over $44 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, Heitman’s more than 325 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Commencing its European private real estate equity activities in 1995, Heitman has built a track record on projects across all property types through separate accounts, takeover assignments, and closed-end commingled value funds in Europe, the latter of which has become the main investment focus. The European private equity team has acquired $9bn in assets, ranging from direct real estate through to operating businesses and executed a range of strategies from regulatory change exploitation through listed loan note purchases and portfolio aggregations through to private-to-listed market arbitrage. With over 30 employees passionate about investments in Europe and offices throughout the region, Heitman has the track record, network and on-the-ground presence to source, execute and manage investment strategies on behalf of its global client base.
We are seeking an entry level investment professional to join our Investment team in London! The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, able to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment and have an interest in growing their career in Real Estate.
The responsibilities of an Acquisitions Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the underwriting and evaluation of real estate acquisitions across Europe across strategies and asset classes, including operating business and listed vehicle transactions
- Prepare presentation materials of investment opportunities for Investment Committee purpose
- Support in the Due Diligence and closing phase of the transaction in conjunction with in house and outside parties
- Contribute in the management of investments through their lifecycle, including preparing valuations and cash flow projections
- Assist in the analysis and execution of investment dispositions
- 1 – 3 years’ experience
- Strong academic track record from tier one college or university, with a degree focusing on finance and/or real estate
- Previous experience in the real estate corporate finance such as private equity, investment banking or as a corporate finance consultant within an accounting firm
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, along with outstanding organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Very good Excel skills also recommended
- Proficiency in English and at least one other European language