CIMD - PWM WMP- London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Wealth Management Professional (“WMP”) to join our Private Wealth Management (“PWM”) Team. As a WMP you will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business. You will act as a central point of contact for clients while providing operational support to a team of Private Wealth Advisors in PWM.
PWM secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM develops customised investment strategies and offers an array of wealth management products and services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support their PWM clients across two separate Scandinavian teams.
- Interact and troubleshoot with high profile clients
- Manage the client on-boarding process
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting the PWM Business including divisional Compliance, Legal and Tax
- Perform daily cash management including making wire payments, asset transfers, booking journals and receipts
- Perform ongoing account maintenance including approvals to facilitate the trading of certain products
- Provide overview of client reporting and web capabilities to potential new clients
- Process subscriptions and redemptions of Alternative Investments, fund capital calls and respond to general queries associated with these investments
- Manage general project work including implementing regulatory changes
- Lead or participate in the divisional efforts to improve efficiencies with the PWM Business
- Resolve adhoc client queries
- Cross cover the Financial Analyst role including trading functions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
- Time management and the ability to prioritise
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Region specific qualifications (CISI Level 4 (London)) to be completed within 6 months
- Swedish language skills – mandatory requirement.