CIMD - GSAM, Distribution Oversight, Analyst/Associate
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Fund Services Limited (GSAMFSL) is the newly appointed management company and global distributor of the GS Fund range. In this capacity, GSAMFSL appoints both GS affiliate sub-distributors and third party sub-distributors for the GS Funds. The Distribution Oversight team is responsible for overseeing distribution partners appointed by GSAMFSL, in addition to the strategy and patterns of distribution for the GS Funds. The team interacts with key stakeholders across GSAM including Sales, Product Development, Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Operations on a broad range of functions carried out in relation to the distribution of our products. This role will allow the candidate to gain a broad exposure to the workings of the GSAM Business and our external distribution partners. The candidate will be required to manage ongoing responsibilities with regard to the onboarding and lifecycle events for our distribution partners, in addition to driving the execution of key strategic initiatives aimed at strengthening our distribution oversight framework and improving our client service offering. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a newly created entity within Goldman Sachs, and be a key contributor as the entity looks to develop post it’s recent go-live.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Regular engagement with GSAM delegate/stakeholder teams to oversee functions supporting the distribution of the GS Funds.
- Manage activities related to onboarding and other lifecycle events for distributors appointed by GSAMFSL and GS Fund investors.
- Partner with Sales, Technology, Product Development, and Operations to assess and implement changes to distribution policies, procedures and regulatory reform as required.
- Identify, develop and analyse reporting designed to monitor distribution activities and evaluate effectiveness.
- Produce regular MI and presentation materials, including reporting for GSAMFSL and GSAM Funds boards.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and delegates across the organization.
- Exceptional judgement, ability to grasp concepts quickly and drive resolution on issues.
- Diligent, ability to work to competing deadlines, and adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years of relevant industry experience preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.