Securities,Equities Algo Developer, Associate/VP
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm’s sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
- Execution Services Strats are responsible for the quantitative and technical aspects of electronic execution. This ranges from exchange connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, pre- and post-trade analysis and quantitative research. The team is also heavily involved in the creation of web-based tools and content for clients using the Marquee platform.
- The Algo Development team within Execution Services Strats is focused on designing and implementing high quality trading algorithms and algorithm platforms; tailoring algorithms to each client’s specific needs; using client feedback to drive product development through continual interaction with the broader team.
- Technical design and implementation of execution algorithms and execution algorithm trading platform.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of execution algorithms, smart-order routing.
- Consult with coverage teams on algorithm customizations followed by implementation.
- Interact with trading, sales, technology and operations teams as required to facilitate implementation of execution algorithms and execution algorithm trading platform and associated products.
- Computer Science background.
- Strong experience developing large-scale, high-performance, low-latent software
- High desire to produce organised, readable and maintainable software
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal mediums
- Proven problem solving ability with critical and creative thinking
- Familiarity with and strong interest in equities and electronic execution.
- Prior experience working on electronic trading components including order managers, client and exchange connectivity
- C++ or Java background.
- Quantitative skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.