Associate, Africa - GS Special Situations Group
THIS IS AN APPLY DIRECT OPPORTUNITY
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
The Africa team of the Special Situations Group has a flexible multi-sector multi-product investment and financing mandate with focus on growth capital opportunities on the continent. The team is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to support the build-out of the Africa investing effort.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The role is to join the Africa investing effort focusing on sourcing, analysing, executing and managing investment opportunities in the illiquid growth equity space across the continent.
- The role is highly analytical with emphasis on fundamental valuation, financial modelling, analysis of financial accounts, legal documentation and involvement in deal negotiation with strong teamwork skills.
- The candidate will be expected to express investment views and to play a key role in sourcing, screening, underwriting and managing new investment ideas / themes.
- The candidate will be involved in due diligence on live transactions, conducting market research, interacting with advisors and management teams, preparing investment committee materials and portfolio management.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification and an excellent academic and professional record.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in private equity, hedge fund, corporate finance / M&A or consulting.
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives – a self-starter.
- Strong quantitative, financial modelling, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Ideal candidate would have a demonstrated interest in Africa and an aptitude for evaluating and recommending investments through personal interest and / or professional experience.
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation.
To apply to this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached.
Once you have applied for this role, SEO London would appreciate if you would complete our short, anonymised candidate demographics survey; the purpose of this survey is to collate information on candidates who have applied for roles through our Jobs Board service so that we can gauge how effectively our firms are attracting talent from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The survey can be found here.