Global Investments Solutions – Assets & Liability Management Director
THIS IS AN APPLY THROUGH SEO OPPORTUNITY
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is the global asset management group of Ameriprise Financial, Inc (NYSE:AMP), a leading US-based financial services provider. As part of Ameriprise, we are supported by a large and well-capitalised diversified financial services firm.
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
With more than 2000 employees globally, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage almost £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation, customised solutions and alternatives. We have a presence in 18 countries.
Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We aim to deliver the investment outcomes our clients expect through an investment approach that is team-based, performance-driven and risk-aware. Our culture is dynamic and interactive. By sharing our insights across asset classes and geographies we generate richer perspectives on global, regional and local investment landscapes. The ability to exchange and debate investment ideas in a collaborative environment enriches our teams' investment processes. More importantly, it results in better informed investment decisions for our clients.
The position of Assets & Liabilities Management Director is a new role that will help lead the implementation of this growth strategy focusing on portfolio construction and asset allocation for insurance clients, as well as client engagements with senior management at strategic insurance partners, working with members of the Investment teams and with Distribution partners to establish this investment lead and client-focused function.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Evolve, develop and deliver world-class modelling and research capabilities on portfolio construction, capital market assumptions, optimisation techniques including economic scenario generator and stochastic modelling, which are of relevance to modelling the assets and liabilities of insurance clients.
- Contribute and be responsible for Global Investment Solutions’ research agenda in relation to insurance clients specific regulatory constrains and investment requirements.
- Undertake ALM, portfolio construction and strategic asset allocation exercises to design solutions that provide a best fit between return, volatility, transaction costs and capital and liquidity constrains and work with the relevant teams to execute an efficient implementation.
- Keep abreast of the implications of regulatory, accounting and capital frameworks on investment and risk management decisions made by insurance companies.
- Work with investments and distribution colleagues to understand and map specific requirements of insurance clients' needs and support them to prepare and deliver insightful and value-added engagement to prospective client and existing clients.
- Match client’s needs with the capabilities across our global investment offering with the goal of delivering a solution to address these needs and satisfy clients and regulators' evolving requirements.
- Drive forward our thinking on what solutions capabilities need to be strengthened and developed to satisfy our clients' needs. This includes collaboration with the investment teams, product development and technology teams.
This is a live opportunity, please apply as soon as possible.
- For full job description and application instructions, please click here.
Once you have applied for this role, SEO London would appreciate if you would complete our short, anonymised candidate demographics survey; the purpose of this survey is to collate information on candidates who have applied for roles through our Jobs Board service so that we can gauge how effectively our firms are attracting talent from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The survey can be found here.