Senior Equities Research Analyst
THIS IS AN APPLY THROUGH SEO OPPORTUNITY
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset management group that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world.
With more than 2000 employees globally, including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, managing £324 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Having a presence in over 18 countries.
Their priority is the investment success of their clients. They aim to deliver the investment outcomes their clients expect through an investment approach that is team-based, performance-driven and risk-aware. Their culture is dynamic and interactive. By sharing their insights across asset classes and geographies they generate richer perspectives on global, regional and local investment landscapes. The ability to exchange and debate investment ideas in a collaborative environment enriches our teams' investment processes. More importantly, it results in better informed investment decisions for their clients.
The Columbia Threadneedle Equities Team is looking to recruit a new Senior Research Analyst dedicated to European (including UK) research, working with both the UK Equities and European Equities Portfolio Management desks to enhance our coverage of the European markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To integrate relative value analysis and in-depth industry research into actionable recommendations.
- Through primary research on broader industry trends and specific companies via expert calls, earnings calls, company visits, industry meetings, and sell-side events, the analyst will generate ideas that aid portfolio performance.
- Use effective communication to appropriately influence and share ideas with colleagues.
- Perform financial modelling of security, company and industry information and assumptions.
- Incorporate macroeconomic analysis into research recommendations.
- Interact with management from firms within the sector, attending company meetings and conferences as needed.
- Contribute to team strategy discussions, including daily market meetings.
- Assist portfolio management teams in portfolio construction and risk management.
- European travel with Portfolio Managers/Analysts/CPM’s, as required to conduct marketing and to meet clients/institutions.
This is a live opportunity, please apply as soon as possible.
- For full job description and application instructions, please click here.
Once you have applied for this role, SEO London would appreciate if you would complete our short, anonymised candidate demographics survey; the purpose of this survey is to collate information on candidates who have applied for roles through our Jobs Board service so that we can gauge how effectively our firms are attracting talent from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The survey can be found here.