Mehnaty Emirati Graduate Program
THIS IS AN 'APPLY DIRECT' OPPORTUNITY
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
The 12-month program is a premier Emirati leadership development program with Citi. Mehnaty stands for ‘My profession’, and at Citi it aims to instill in its participants the best practices and best values from over two centuries of financial excellence.
The Mehnaty Graduate Program will start alongside Citi's Middle East & Africa Analyst Programme beginning in July. The program begins with one month of formal training in Dubai with an induction providing an overview of Citi.
The induction program is followed by 12 months of on-the-job training in one of Citi's business areas. These could include: Consumer Bank, Operations & Technology, Finance, Compliance, Corporate Banking, Global Subsidiary Group, Treasury and Trade Solutions.
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will depend on your business area. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analysts may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples - you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers. Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region
Trade & Treasury Solutions (TTS)
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach
- Prepare and analyse financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews
- Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/public sector Credit Analysis writing, stress testing.
- Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
- Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc
- Taking part in client calls / site visits.
- Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Analyse volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
Inform SEO London of your application here.
- Once you have applied for this role, SEO London would appreciate if you would complete our short, anonymised candidate demographics survey; the purpose of this survey is to collate information on candidates who have applied for roles through our Jobs Board service so that we can gauge how effectively our firms are attracting talent from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. The survey can be found here.