Graduate Financial Analyst
THIS IS AN 'APPLY DIRECT' OPPORTUNITY
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
We are currently seeking applicants who have a keen interest and desire to progress within the finance and accounting field.
As part of our Chief Financial Office Group, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and put your problem solving skills to work. You will both learn from and interact with a variety of internal business partners across all areas of the bank, providing you with excellent exposure to the industry.
You’ll be joining dynamic and supportive teams and you will have access to on-going training and opportunities for future career development.
Daily P&L & Balance Sheet – Reporting & Oversight:
- Production and/or review of official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting
- Approval of daily sub-ledger P&L
- Responsibility for daily management adjustments to P&L
- Daily P&L reporting to local and regional management
- Oversight of trader estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level
- Preparation of daily P&L commentary and substantiation to market events
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity
Core Financial Oversight Functions:
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Validation of appropriate application and use of models for books & records
- Monthly & quarterly revenue commentary
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc) including inventory aging and its reporting
- Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy)
- Internal control process, including SOX
Planning & Reporting:
- Participation in the formulation of business strategy; plans; budgets; and forecasts
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on Line of Business performance
- Manage the expense approval process for both deal-related and organisational expenses; provide expense analytics and assist the business with recovering deal-related expenses
Skills & Experience:
- Good academic background- minimum of 2:2 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Competence in Microsoft Office
Once you have applied for this post, inform SEO of your submitted application here.