THIS IS AN 'APPLY DIRECT' OPPORTUNITY
The purpose of the role is to co-ordinate the operational control and risk management framework through managing effective relationships with Business teams. The framework covers both Control and management of all risk families (e.g. Operational, Credit, Market, Business / Strategic, Legal, Regulatory etc). The framework covers risk assessment, procedures, controls & control plans, Incident management and monitoring of all stated aspects of the framework to include ensuring controls are in place to mitigate against the risk of Fraud.
- To facilitate the effective operation of the risk management framework (risk assessment, procedures, controls & control plans, Incident management and monitoring) through a network of business unit control team contacts.
- To work closely with Business teams, proactively identifying and confirming gaps in knowledge and understanding around the Risk Framework. To work with them to identify the right approach to address them and to deliver results as defined with the Control teams.
- To work closely with Business Lines to proactively identify new activities, products, services and outsourcing projects, and then to validate the accurate identification of risks and controls in the Business Line risk assessment tool, the control plan and procedures.
- To facilitate the collection and maintenance of key risk management indicators as defined by the métier 2OPC team (e.g. KMPs and Potential Incident scenarios) and to ensure the quality of submissions through the business control teams. The role includes the collation of information for the six monthly Permanent Control Report process as well as collating information for monthly reporting purposes.
- Follow up on incident action plans as required as well as regular review of a sample of incidents to demonstrate adherence to reporting requirements.
- To act as ORC contact at certain governance meetings to ensure ORC requirements are reflected in business line governance.
- Dissemination of Group norms and standards and assistance with their deployment in the UK
- To provide and update relevant procedures documenting and explaining the processes followed
- To monitor regulatory requirements and participate to their implementation in coordination with other RISK and Business teams.
Skills and Experience required:
- Good understanding of information systems, information flows, and digital working platforms
- Good understanding of the UK Financial Services market
- Understanding of the Securities Services Product and service range
- Understanding of the principles of Risk Management
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid technical skills
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Understanding of Financial Industry, trade life-cycle
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of the UK regulatory regime
- General Knowledge of T&C requirements
- Credit Risk knowledge
- Market Risk knowledge