Legal and Compliance
Legal acts as advisors to the bank on all matters including changes in legislation, new business types, activities in new jurisdictions, disputes with counterparties. The department is also responsible for preparation of legal agreements and formal bank documentation, and may also have responsibility for obtaining required customer documentation.
Sometimes operates as a join department with Legal, though its brief is very specific. Compliance is responsible for ensuring that the bank operates in accordance with the rules and regulations stipulated by local regulators. This will necessitate regular reporting, as required, to regulators, continuous monitoring of business activities to ensure that no rules are breached and enforcement of regulatory rules for authorisation of personnel etc.
- On track for a 2.1 or above
- Minimum 'BBB' at A level (or equivalent in UCAS points)
- No specific degree subject is required
- Broad knowledge of the finance industry is required
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, interpersonal style