In the current environment, firms have to continuously re-invent themselves to maximize corporate value and generate long-term sustainable growth, while managing their financial risks. Corporate finance/transaction advisory analysts provide the tools and analysis required to help the firms make these financial/strategic decisions while strengthening the long term viability of the firm. Activities include, but are not limited to, providing advice on mergers and acquisitions, restructuring businesses, underwriting the sale of straight equity, equity-linked or debt securities, managing the firm’s capital structure, improving the efficiency of funding on the firm’s balance sheet, and analysing and resolving potential crisis that can cause financial and reputational risks to the firm.
You will need to demonstrate good analytical and numerical skills with a passion for problem solving. As an analyst you will be working very closely with clients and must have both strong communication skills and the ability to listen so as to be able to translate your client’s needs into innovative solutions. You should be comfortable working in high pressure situations, while paying superior attention to detail and completing projects on time.
• On track for a 2.1 or above
• Ideally minimum 'ABB' at A level (or equivalent in UCAS points)
• No specific degree subject is required
• Broad knowledge of the finance industry is required
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Resourcefulness - the ability to think creatively to solve problems
• Assertiveness - the confidence to share opinions and insights and stick by them
• Diligence - the ability to maintain exceptionally high standards of work at all times
• Strong communication, marketing and relationship skills